Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get ORA errors in alertlog file using shell script. Post 302271586 by Franklin52 on Friday 26th of December 2008 01:30:03 PM
Old 12-26-2008
This should print all lines with "error" after matching the timestamp:

Code:
awk '/Fri Dec 26 08:26:33 2008/{p=1} p && /error/' logfile

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script...ORA-00904:invalid identifier

Guys, Please suggest me what's wrong with this script? #!/usr/bin/sh ############################################################################## # Author : Bhagat Singh # # # Date : Nov 13,2006 #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script --- Delete ORA error from data file

Hi All, I have to make the following changes in shell script: When the data file is being created, an “ORA” error occurs in it. I have to remove this ORA error from data file and put it in log file. I am “ -n grip command” to find the ORA error and get the line number, How do I delete it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sk005
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp?

Hi, Can any one tell me how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp using shell script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to capture ORA errors from Alert Log

Hi, as the title says, I am after a simple script, which will open the Alert log from an 11.2.0.1 Linux environment and mail the error message and description to a recipient email address. I can then schedule this job via cron and let it run every 15 minutes. I have searched online... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to turn off ora errors in shell script?

I have a shell script which select total count from a table and use its value in a if condition like below connect_string="username/password@tnsname" tot=`sqlplus -s $connect_string << EOF set echo off set feedback off set head off select count(*) from test_table; EOF ` if then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Sysdate-1 ORA Errors - Can you help me in this UNIX Script?

Hi Guys, I wanted to create an Unix Shell Script that should fetch a particular string from a text file on a particular date. We all know Oracle generates alert logs for each and every day for every actions in the database. I have an alert log file now where it contains for about a months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja_dba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to capture Current day ORA errors from Alert Log

Please provide Shell script to capture ORA errors from Alert Log for a given date or Current date. -Veera (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for “errors” or “ORA-”

I want to check for "errors" or "ORA-" in Y.if there is an error then exit Y=`sqlplus -s user/passwd<< EOF exec test_Proc; exit; EOF` if ; then exit 1 fi but this doesnt work (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: haadiya
6 Replies
GMDATE(3)								 1								 GMDATE(3)

gmdate - Format a GMT/UTC date/time

SYNOPSIS
string gmdate (string $format, [int $timestamp = time()]) DESCRIPTION
Identical to the date(3) function except that the time returned is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). PARAMETERS
o $format - The format of the outputted date string. See the formatting options for the date(3) function. o $timestamp - The optional $timestamp parameter is an integer Unix timestamp that defaults to the current local time if a $timestamp is not given. In other words, it defaults to the value of time(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a formatted date string. If a non-numeric value is used for $timestamp, FALSE is returned and an E_WARNING level error is emitted. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | The valid range of a timestamp is typically from | | | Fri, 13 Dec 1901 20:45:54 GMT to Tue, 19 Jan 2038 | | | 03:14:07 GMT. (These are the dates that corre- | | | spond to the minimum and maximum values for a | | | 32-bit signed integer). However, before PHP 5.1.0 | | | this range was limited from 01-01-1970 to | | | 19-01-2038 on some systems (e.g. Windows). | | | | | 5.1.1 | | | | | | | There are useful constants of standard date/time | | | formats that can be used to specify the $format | | | parameter. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 gmdate(3) example When run in Finland (GMT +0200), the first line below prints "Jan 01 1998 00:00:00", while the second prints "Dec 31 1997 22:00:00". <?php echo date("M d Y H:i:s", mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1998)); echo gmdate("M d Y H:i:s", mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1998)); ?> SEE ALSO
date(3), mktime(3), gmmktime(3), strftime(3). PHP Documentation Group GMDATE(3)