Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compilation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compilation Post 302271478 by csorhand on Thursday 25th of December 2008 11:08:46 PM
Old 12-26-2008
diggermf,

did you define the path of your C compiler in the your system? What OS you are using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel compilation

I have re-compiled kernel source code available in /usr/src/linux.2.4.20 with "make" command. The compilation is succesful. Now the problem is create the image for this. The documentation in the same folder says that now you have compile "make image". There is no option for image in Makefile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mankrish
3 Replies

2. Solaris

compilation problem

I am compiling a software named wine When i run make then at the end following error generated. DVAPI32_ -foversion.res version.rc ld.so.1: ../../tools/wrc/wrc: fatal: relocation error: file ../../tools/wrc/wrc: symbol wine_casemap_upper: referenced symbol not found *** Signal 9 make:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
0 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

4. Programming

compilation problem

i have a class name 1.c in tht i am using function n wich has his body in 2.c and declaration in 2.h now how can i compile 1.c. ex; 1.c int main() { //some data n(10); //somedata } ***** 2.c int n(int k) { //some data } int main() { some data (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

5. Programming

c compilation process

What is symbol table? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rangaswamy
1 Replies

6. Linux

c++ compilation error

Hello every one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ module using gcc.it is throwing a error . error: ==== > make -S dummyCHARGP /usr/local/bin/gcc -g -DDEBUG -DMAT -I. -I/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/lib/Linux/ -I/opt/dce/include -I/opt/dce/include/dce ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
12 Replies

7. Programming

C Compilation problem

Dear all I am new to C programming In response to the post cat get_time.c #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> main() { struct timeval tv; struct timezone tz; struct tm *tm; gettimeofday(&tv, &tz); tm=localtime(&tv.tv_sec); printf("... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in compilation.

Hi, I am executing the below mentioned code:- proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS iname=CDBInteractor.pc parse=none code=cpp cpp_suffix=cpp g++ -c main.cpp g++ -o pre_request_engine main.o -I/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/precomp -L/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/lib32 -lnsl -ldl And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
2 Replies

9. AIX

VIM compilation

Hi, I tried to compile vim on AIX OS. I tried all version from 6.4 to 7.2 and the effect is the same. ./configuration --prefix=/home/me OK make The make try to compile first file buffer.c ane it gived me message like this gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom.aviva
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation

Hi All, Do we have a way to compile a shell program? I am using ksh/bash/sh and not CSH. Cheers Ravi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
12 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)