Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris device associated with cd-rom ? Post 302271221 by joeyg on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 09:29:39 AM
Old 12-24-2008
Tools Finding device information

Depending on your system...
/etc/ioscan
or
/etc/prtconf
would tell you about your system

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd rom device

Hi All, I would like to mount a cd device on a sun using the mount command. But i do not know what device the cd drive is ie /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom0 bla bla. I need this info to run the command... mount /dev/blah /mnt/cdrom so i can access the cd. but i dont know what blah in the above is.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

2. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

3. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
pi-getrom(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pi-getrom(1)

NAME
pi-getrom - Retrieves the ROM image from your Palm device SYNOPSIS
pi-getrom -p <port> [--copilot] [pilot.rom] DESCRIPTION
pi-getrom is used to fetch the ROM from your Palm handheld device for use in debugging Palm applications through the use of POSE, the Palm OS Emulator application OPTIONS -p --port <port>, Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If both are not found, will fall back to /dev/pilot. -h --help Display help synopsis for pi-getrom -v --version Display version of pi-getrom --copilot format the ROM for use in the CoPilot application, instead of the POSE format filename Write the ROM to this file USAGE
Connect to a target Palm handheld device and fetch the ROM for use in debugging Palm applications through the use of POSE, the Palm OS Emu- lator or with CoPilot LICENSING
Warning: Please completely back up your Palm before using this program! Use of this program may place you in violation of your license agreement with Palm, Inc. or OEM partners. Please read your Palm handbook ("Software License Agreement") before running this program. KNOWN BUGS
pi-getrom has no known bugs REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
pi-getrom was written by Kenneth Albanowski Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools pi-getrom(1)