Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch MP3 transcoding.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch MP3 transcoding. Post 302271009 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 01:01:59 PM
Old 12-23-2008
Find has no option to sort the result, why don't you use ls instead of find or sort to sort the result?
Edit: I don't see any reason to sort the result of the find command here.

Regards

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-23-2008 at 02:25 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

MP3 driver for Unix

I need to play mp3 sound files on unix platform. Is there any mp3 drivers available for unix (rue unix-64 and unixware 7.0)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parbende
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting mp3

Hi all... Here's my question: -> considering i've got thousands of mp3s', named like "Artist name - Track Name", how could i write a shell (ksh, or bash my favorite, not knowinf enough any other language) that would create a directory (if not existing already) with the Artist's name, and move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mp3 codec

I just need a mp3 codec that will decode mp3s so I can play them with my media player (probably going to be using XMMS) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file is mp3

Hello, I am trying to check if a file is an mp3. file -b file_path g ives me AUDIO for many MP3 but there are many working MP3 files that return something else. How can I get better result? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Subroutines::ProhibitReturnSort(3pUser Contributed Perl DocumentatPerl::Critic::Policy::Subroutines::ProhibitReturnSort(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Subroutines::ProhibitReturnSort - Behavior of "sort" is not defined if called in scalar context. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The behavior of the builtin "sort" function is not defined if called in scalar context. So if you write a subroutine that directly "return"s the result of a "sort" operation, then you code will behave unpredictably if someone calls your subroutine in a scalar context. This Policy emits a violation if the "return" keyword is directly followed by the "sort" function. To safely return a sorted list of values from a subroutine, you should assign the sorted values to a temporary variable first. For example: sub frobulate { return sort @list; # not ok! @sorted_list = sort @list; return @sort # ok } KNOWN BUGS
This Policy is not sensitive to the "wantarray" function. So the following code would generate a false violation: sub frobulate { if (wantarray) { return sort @list; } else{ return join @list; } } CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. CREDITS
This Policy was suggested by Ulrich Wisser and the <http://iis.se> team. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::Subroutines::ProhibitReturnSort(3pm)