Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch MP3 transcoding.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch MP3 transcoding. Post 302271009 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 01:01:59 PM
Old 12-23-2008
Find has no option to sort the result, why don't you use ls instead of find or sort to sort the result?
Edit: I don't see any reason to sort the result of the find command here.

Regards

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-23-2008 at 02:25 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

MP3 driver for Unix

I need to play mp3 sound files on unix platform. Is there any mp3 drivers available for unix (rue unix-64 and unixware 7.0)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parbende
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting mp3

Hi all... Here's my question: -> considering i've got thousands of mp3s', named like "Artist name - Track Name", how could i write a shell (ksh, or bash my favorite, not knowinf enough any other language) that would create a directory (if not existing already) with the Artist's name, and move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mp3 codec

I just need a mp3 codec that will decode mp3s so I can play them with my media player (probably going to be using XMMS) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file is mp3

Hello, I am trying to check if a file is an mp3. file -b file_path g ives me AUDIO for many MP3 but there are many working MP3 files that return something else. How can I get better result? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies
POC-FEC(1)							   User Command 							POC-FEC(1)

NAME
poc-fec - send FEC MP3 streams SYNOPSIS
poc-fec [ -s address ] [ -p port ] [ -t ttl ] [ -q ] [ -k fec_k ] [ -n fec_n ] files... DESCRIPTION
poc-fec is a streaming server sending mp3 data using a custom FEC protocol. The streamed MP3 frames are first decomposed in autonomous data units (ADUs). These ADUs are grouped into ADU groups, which are encoded redundantly using a FEC method by Luigi Rizzo. A group of k ADUs is encoded as n data packets. Any k of these n data packets is sufficient to recover the original k ADUs. It sends the files in the order given on the command-line. Use the filename - to stream from standard input. Normally, the FEC protocol is used to stream to multicast groups. OPTIONS
-s address Specify the address to send to (default 224.0.1.23). -p port Specify the port to send to (default 1500). -t ttl Specify the TTL parameter to be set on outgoing parameters (default 1). -q Don't output any information on standard error. -k fec_k Specify the number of ADUs that will be encoded as an ADU group (default 20). -n fec_n Specify the number of packets that the ADU groups will be encoded to (default 25). This number must be greater than the fec_k param- eter. EXAMPLES
poc-fec -s 224.0.1.24 -p 8989 -t 2 -k 16 -n 32 bla.mp3 Send the file bla.mp3 using the RTP RFC fec protocol to the address 224.0.1.24 on port 8989, and set the TTL to 2. MP3 frames of bla.mp3 are converted to ADUs and grouped in ADU groups of 16 ADUs. These 16 ADUs are encoded into 32 packets and streamed. A client will have to receive at least 16 packets to recover the original ADUs. AUTHORS
Manuel Odendahl <manuel@bl0rg.net>, Florian Wesch <dividuum@bl0rg.net> February 2005 POC-FEC(1)