Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Another data extraction question Post 302270982 by dr.house on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 10:59:00 AM
Old 12-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunigirib
I am new to Unix, can you please explain me what is RS and ORS stands for.
User-modified Variables - Awk User Guide

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction issue.

I have a small problem, I have written a following script, which extracts all the rows from source file which strats with T101 and rights it to another file mydata.dat Script my_script #!/bin/ksh YMONTH=$1 dir1='/home/data' dir2='/clients/source_file' cd $dir1 grep "T101"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with data extraction script

Hello all, Iam newbie here and to unix programming. I have the following text file. A:Woshington,B:London,C:Paris,D:Manchester,C:Lisbon,E:Cape town. Now I would like extract this and store in database. here is the script I have tried but it did work. CITY1:`echo "$text" | grep "A:"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mam
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction From a File

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to search the file with some text say "Exception". This exception word can be repeated for more then 10 times. Suppose the "Exception" word is repeated at line numbers say x=10, 50, 60, 120. Now I want to extract all the lines starting from x-5 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrangaraju
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective extraction of data from a files

Hi, I would like to seek for methods to do selective extraction of line froma file. The scenario as follows: I have a file with content: message a received on 11:10:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc message b received on 11:20:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data and return code extraction

Hello everybody, Another day another problem. I have to create a script which collects data from 3 csv files. I would like the script to check file1 which contains different values for the date entered previously. As you can see 01/12/2010 contains actions in the first field and in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: freyr
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction in perl variable

HI, i have variable in perl like below $tmp="/home/sai/automation/work/TFP_GN.txt" it can conatain any path its filled from config file. now i want extarct the path upto this /home/sai/automation/work/ and put it in another variable say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction problem in perl

Hello, I want to extract the words from a file which starts with SRD-R or SRD-DR. I have written a script which is able to trace the word but it is printing the whole line. sub extract_SRD_tag{ my ($tag, $app, $path, @data, $word ); $path = shift; $app = shift; open (FILE, $path) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from a file

Hi Freinds, I have a file1.txt in the following format File1.txt I want to get 2 files from the above file filextra.txt should have the lines which are ending with "<" and remaining lines in the filecompare.txt file. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for data extraction if files

Hello all, I want to extract some particular data from a files and than add all the values . but i m not able to cut the particular word(USU-INOCT and USU-OUTOCT) as it is coming not in column. and than able to add values coming in it . can anyone help me Please cat <file name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .txt file

Hey all, i´ve got the following problem: i´m aquiring data with an instrument and i get data in a .txt file. This is how the txt file looks like: Report of AU program poptau F1P=-49.986ppm F2P=-110.014ppm Target directory for serfile: D:/data/Spect500/nmr/Thoma/882 Linear... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: expikx
17 Replies
gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(3) 				      gnutls					   gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(3)

NAME
gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/pkcs11.h> int gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(gnutls_pkcs11_obj_t obj, gnutls_pkcs11_url_type_t detailed, char ** url); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_pkcs11_obj_t obj Holds the PKCS 11 certificate gnutls_pkcs11_url_type_t detailed non zero if a detailed URL is required char ** url will contain an allocated url DESCRIPTION
This function will export a URL identifying the given certificate. RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value. SINCE
2.12.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(3)