Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switch disk names ?
Operating Systems AIX Switch disk names ? Post 302270961 by shockneck on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 10:00:20 AM
Old 12-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilius
[...]How to create dummy hdisk ?
And I can always create some dummy disk using static command or it depends on harware config ?[...]
Depends on the type of disk controller your server has (i.e. the hdisks intended parent). You could use SMIT
# smit makdsk
or the commandline. To give an example for a scsi disk controller:
Code:
(0)aserver:/ 9# lsdev | grep scsi
iscsi0      Available              iSCSI Protocol Device
scsi0       Available 10-80        Wide/Fast-20 SCSI I/O Controller
(0)aserver:/ 10# mkdev -d -cdisk -t1100mb -sscsi -pscsi0 -w0,40
hdisk18 Defined
(0)aserver:/ 11# lscfg -vl hdisk18
  hdisk18          P1/Z1-A0.32  1.1 GB SCSI Disk Drive
(0)aserver:/ 12#

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DG/UX : disk names ?!

hi there, i normaly worked with linux, but at the moment i have to setup an dg/ux maschine ( intel based ). ok, now i want to wirte a simple backup script :-) i will use dd to copy scsi disk 1 to disk 2 :-) under linux i would write something liek this : dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent_Orange
2 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
TAPSET::SCSI(3stap)													       TAPSET::SCSI(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scsi - systemtap scsi probe points DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe the SCSI activities. It contains the following probe points: scsi.ioentry Fires when SCSI mid layer prepares a SCSI request Arguments: disk_major The major number of the disk disk_minor The minor number of the disk device_state The current state of the device. The possible values could be: SDEV_CREATED = 1, /* device created but not added to sysfs * Only internal commands allowed (for inq) */ SDEV_RUNNING = 2, /* device properly configured * All commands allowed */ SDEV_CANCEL = 3, /* beginning to delete device * Only error handler commands allowed */ SDEV_DEL = 4, /* device deleted * no commands allowed */ SDEV_QUIESCE = 5, /* Device quiescent. No block commands * will be accepted, only specials (which * originate in the mid-layer) */ SDEV_OFFLINE = 6, /* Device offlined (by error handling or * user request */ SDEV_BLOCK = 7, /* Device blocked by scsi lld. No scsi * commands from user or midlayer should be issued * to the scsi lld. */ scsi.iodispatching Fires when the SCSI mid layer dispatches a SCSI command to the low level driver Arguments: host_no The host number channel The channel number lun The lun number dev_id The scsi device id device_state The current state of the device. data_direction The data_direction specifies whether this command is from/to the device. The possible values could be: DMA_BIDIRECTIONAL = 0, DMA_TO_DEVICE = 1, DMA_FROM_DEVICE = 2, DMA_NONE = 3, request_buffer The request buffer address req_bufflen The request buffer length scsi.iodone Fires when a SCSI command is done by low level driver and enqueued into the done queue. Arguments: host_no The host number channel The channel number lun The lun number dev_id The scsi device id device_state The current state of the device data_direction The data_direction specifies whether this command is from/to the device. scsi.iocompleted Fires when SCSI mid layer runs the completion processing for block device I/O requests Arguments: host_no The host number channel The channel number lun The lun number dev_id The scsi device id device_state The current state of the device data_direction The data_direction specifies whether this command is from/to the device. goodbytes The bytes completed. SEE ALSO
stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
TAPSET::SCSI(3stap)