Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching a file with extension tmp Post 302270851 by reddyrajal on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 04:11:20 AM
Old 12-23-2008
try this
#!/bin/sh

COUNTER=0
echo -n "Enter the directory path: ";
read DIRECTORY
echo $DIRECTORY
cd $DIRECTORY

for FILE in `ls | grep -v _tmp$ `
do

echo $COUNTER $FILE

if [ -e ${FILE}_tmp ]
then
COUNTER=`expr $COUNTER + 1`
array[$COUNTER]=${FILE}_tmp
fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

after init all /tmp file has been removed

I'm new in Solaris server After the system support reboot the Solaris server, all the files in /tmp has been removed, is that normal under Solaris or under different init level will get different result? which init level will do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesthomas
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto change parameter in vi to take tmp file

i have a problem running vi. there is no space in /var where it creates tmp file. How can I change this parameter so that it takes from other directory. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error: file </tmp/srw25108193> does not exist

Hi Everybody I need help from you guys. I'm getting this message on PC where i'm running Unix User using Reflection in order to get graphically format for Oracle Report Server. What is causing this msg and how to solve it? Regards and thanks in advance. Gege *Error: file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing tmp file too quickly?

Still trying to get the basics down and I would like a different solution to what I'm currently doing and a better understanding of why it's happening. I've written a simple backup script that tars individual directories and then dumps them to a NFS drive. STDERR is being dumped into a process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandelbrot333
2 Replies

6. AIX

/tmp file system full

Hi, I would like to know if /tmp file system is full, wheather it will affect the peformance of application installed on AIX. if Memory and CPU are not heavily utilized. Regards, Manoj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy all files matching the request and change the extension at the same time

Hi everyone When I'm starting my script I'm giving to it two parameters: script.sh ext1 ext2 I need to copy all files in a directory fitting ext1, to the same folder, with the same names, but with the changed extension to ext2. Till now I've just managed to do it for only 1 file, but I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vacuity93
16 Replies

8. Solaris

Permission of tmp file

The script written by csh, when it running it make some tmp file, the process need to read the tmp file to complete but tmp unable to open, don't have permission. Anyone know the way to automatic chmod the tmp file when run process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Core file under /tmp

Hi Guys Recently we have a issue where the core file under /tmp grows and there by /tmp becomes 100% full in our HP unix server. Any ideas or suggestions about how we can resolve this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)