Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris best vm platform for x86 solaris Post 302270387 by mbubb on Sunday 21st of December 2008 05:43:07 PM
Old 12-21-2008
Hello -

I am not sure what the 'best' one is, however as you are evaluating, look at Sun's VirtualBox. I have am Ubuntu laptop and use VirtualBox to run Solaris and WinXP. The laptop is a dual core HP business (6510b).

In my experience it works pretty well

yrs

Michael

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Windows & Sun Dual boot on x86 platform...possible??

My first thread from Kuwait Peace Land :) is it possible to make dual boot on my PC between Win XP and Solaris 9 and above?? if yes , how to do?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AboJasim
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 on x86 platform, video drivers

Hi all! I'm having problems to set up my X window under x86 with solaris 9. My graphics card is a sis650 on a flat Samsung SyncMaster 152s... how can i do this? Thanx Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 X86

Ok here goes, this MCSE is now fed up with MS, they are telling me that my Legal XP has a s/num they didnt issue. After countless emails I am P with them and am loooking for a new OS. Tried Linux, got it working but seems too flaky for me. Have installed Solaris 10 X86 (on a temp pc AMD Athlon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mickie
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on X86 Platform on the same Disk having XP SP2

Plz help me in installing solaris 10 11/06 on XP sp2 system having only one hard disk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skargarika
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

7. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit)

Hello Professionals, We have high-end HP rack servers. We need to provide application fail-over for business continuity. We have done benchmarking of the application on RHEL 5.2 on HP servers to estimate the hardware requirement so as to meet next 3-5 years business growth. Presently we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kgayyar
1 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS on solaris 10 with x86 platform

HI , I required brief about the zfs creation on solaris 10 with x86 platform. I had done with sparc system. Is it same or different as Sparc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: clnt_create fails on solaris x86

Hi, I am facing an issue with Solaris x86 machine Machine Details: uname -a SunOS sol10-64 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc .............................. Description: I am trying to register a programm with proramm ID 300760 with version number 1, and tryint to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DivakarAdari
0 Replies
getting-started(7)						  Numm Tutorials						getting-started(7)

NAME
getting started - numm installation and usage SYNOPSIS
numm-run FILE import numm DESCRIPTION
numm is a python library -- the bastard child of Processing.org and MATLAB, if you will -- that fuses python, numpy, and gstreamer together to create a numerical-computing environment for multimedia generation, analysis, and interaction. Installation A Debian package is provided for ease of installation on Debian and derivative operating systems, such as Ubuntu; we recommend you abandon alternative systems and install Debian, but in the interim direct your attention to virtualization software such as VirtualBox. The following command downloads and installs numm: % wget http://numm.org/numm/releases/python-numm_0.1-1_all.deb % sudo dpkg -i python-numm_0.1-1_all.deb Usage At its simplest, numm provides three pairs of invertable functions that connect common media formats with numpy: Images represented as (height, width, color) numpy.uint8 arrays. o image2np(path) -> np o np2image(np, path) Sounds as (frames, channels) numpy.int16s o sound2np(path) -> np o np2sound(np, path) # XXX: must be .wav Videos as (frames, height, width, color) numpy.uint8s o video2np(path) -> np o np2video(np, path) # XXX: must be .mkv For rapid-prototyping of interactive numpy-based audio-visual experiments, the numm package has a real-time mode. The numm package installs a program named numm-run, which launches (and reloads on modification) python scripts that may implement any subset of the follow- ing functions, which are asynchronously called as needed: o video_in(a) # webcam o video_out(a) # mutate a in-place to set video o audio_in(a) # mic o audio_out(a) # mutate a for audio output o mouse_in(type, px, py, button) o keyboard_in(type, key) SEE ALSO
numm-run(1), numm.one-bit-instrument(7), numm.spectral-analysis(7) numm February 2012 getting-started(7)