Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming enable 64bit long type for gcc Post 302270089 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of December 2008 03:48:30 PM
Old 12-19-2008
gcc does have a -mlong64 option, but only for MIPS processors. long long datatypes should be 64-bit on most 32-bit processors, while long should already be 64-bit on 64-bit processors.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

32bit vs 64bit

Whats the difference between 32bit and 64bit OS's or applications. I understand it a little but its just not clicking the way the teacher explained to me thanks, any info would be much appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

3. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Programming

gcc 4.3.2 accept sys call warrning incompatible pointer type

Hi all, this warning is driving me nuts. I use -pedantic with -Wall and -Werror so this needs to be fixed. BUILD: GNU-Linux-x86 Any ideas? struct sockaddr_in server_addr; int addr_len = sizeof (server_addr); fd = accept(link->socket_fd, (struct sockaddr_in *)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: personificator
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem FETCHing Long data type using CURSOR

Currently my Pro*c program is fetching a cloumn which is defined as LONG in oracle db. The data in the column is around 65k. But when I am FETCHing it to a varchar variable, I am only getting 22751 bytes of data using cursor. Is there any limitation on the data which is fetched by a cursor in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manbt
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to enable AIO and DIO on rhel5 64bit?

Hi Friends, Please help me to understand, how to enable async disk IO and Direct disk IO in ext3 filesystem on rhel5. Regards, Arumon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barbara1234
2 Replies
GET_NPROCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     GET_NPROCS(3)

NAME
get_nprocs, get_nprocs_conf - get number of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysinfo.h> int get_nprocs(void); int get_nprocs_conf(void); DESCRIPTION
The function get_nprocs_conf() returns the number of processors configured by the operating system. The function get_nprocs() returns the number of processors currently available in the system. This may be less than the number returned by get_nprocs_conf() because processors may be offline (e.g., on hotpluggable systems). RETURN VALUE
As given in DESCRIPTION. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +------------------+---------------+---------+ |get_nprocs(), | Thread safety | MT-Safe | |get_nprocs_conf() | | | +------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions. NOTES
The current implementation of these functions is rather expensive, since they open and parse files in the /sys filesystem each time they are called. The following sysconf(3) calls make use of the functions documented on this page to return the same information. np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF); /* processors configured */ np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN); /* processors available */ EXAMPLE
The following example shows how get_nprocs() and get_nprocs_conf() can be used. #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/sysinfo.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("This system has %d processors configured and " "%d processors available. ", get_nprocs_conf(), get_nprocs()); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
nproc(1) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 GET_NPROCS(3)