Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sftp client can't connect
Special Forums Cybersecurity sftp client can't connect Post 302270053 by skowal on Friday 19th of December 2008 12:39:12 PM
Old 12-19-2008
sftp client can't connect

Hi. I'm trying to use my sftp client on solaris 9 to connect to an sftp server. ssh is installed correctly and I can see my pub/priv key files in the ~/.ssh directory. When I run sftp -v <target> I get:

bash-2.05# sftp -v retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca
Connecting to retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca...
debug1: SSH args "ssh -oProtocol = 2 -s -oForwardAgent = no -oForwardX11 = no -v retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca sftp"
SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: ssh_connect: getuid 0 geteuid 0 anon 0
debug1: Connecting to retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca [216.73.78.6] port 22.
debug1: Allocated local port 1023.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: Bad RSA1 key file /export/home/root/.ssh/id_rsa.
debug1: identity file /export/home/root/.ssh/id_rsa type 3
debug1: identity file /export/home/root/.ssh/id_dsa type 3
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version CoreFTP-0.1.2
debug1: no match: CoreFTP-0.1.2
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0
debug1: sent kexinit: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
debug1: sent kexinit: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss
debug1: sent kexinit: aes128-cbc,blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc,rijndael128-cbc
debug1: sent kexinit: aes128-cbc,blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc,rijndael128-cbc
debug1: sent kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-md5
debug1: sent kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-md5
debug1: sent kexinit: none
debug1: sent kexinit: none
debug1: sent kexinit:
debug1: sent kexinit:
debug1: send KEXINIT
debug1: done
debug1: wait KEXINIT
debug1: got kexinit: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1
debug1: got kexinit: ssh-rsa
debug1: got kexinit: aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,rijndael128-cbc,rijndael192-cbc,rijndael256-cbc,rijndael-cbc@lysator.liu.se
debug1: got kexinit: aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,rijndael128-cbc,rijndael192-cbc,rijndael256-cbc,rijndael-cbc@lysator.liu.se
debug1: got kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,none
debug1: got kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,none
debug1: got kexinit: none,none
debug1: got kexinit: none,none
debug1: got kexinit:
debug1: got kexinit:
debug1: first kex follow: 0
debug1: reserved: 0
debug1: done
debug1: kex: server->client unable to decide common locale
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-sha1 none
debug1: kex: client->server unable to decide common locale
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-sha1 none
debug1: Sending SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_INIT.
debug1: bits set: 489/1024
debug1: Wait SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY.
debug1: Got SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY.
debug1: Host 'retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /export/home/root/.ssh/known_hosts:2
debug1: bits set: 495/1024
debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct
debug1: Wait SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.

As you can see, I'm stuck at "Wait SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS". Any suggestions?

Sean

p.s. I tried the connection from a windows box using coreftp and sftp connects fine. So my server account is good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can client connect() when server in sleep(300); after listen(fd,5);

0 .with regards to you 1 .Thank you for reading letter 2 .a Server call sleep(20) after listern(fd,5) . When the Server is in asleep,a Client connect() to it successful and send a lot of appointed data . 3 .Why ? I think that the server is in sleep (beasue I call sleep()) , it donot block at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Client wont connect to server

Hey all Ive written a program for a Java program in college. just something basic where a client connects to a server through java socket programming. Yet when i run the server on Ubuntu and place and run the client on a windows XP machine, they cannot connect to each other. If the are on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerperrett
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to connect sftp server using script

Hi friend I have a command: sftp -v dtxsttp90102@dtx.us.dell.com I need to connect sftp server using above command and grep for some files and need to back to script can anyone tell me how to write script connectingSFTP.sh -------------------- sftpCmd=`sftp -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP error when trying to connect

Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to use SFTP to go from my PROD to DEV. We are running AIX 5.3 64 bit. /home/tcutil/scripts 3720=>sftp -o Cipher=blowfish -o Compression=yes dradmin@xyz Connecting to xyz.... dradmin@xyz's password: buffer_get_ret: trying to get more bytes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramangill
11 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect using SFTP

I shall explain the situation that I am facing to the best extent possible. I require some help, as this situation is an urgent one. I am trying to automate sending data from one AIX machine to another. A script runs that tries to push data received from an upstream application to another AIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
7 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to connect VIO client

Hi I am facing very strange issue on my vio server 5 vio clients are confgured, now I am to connect 3 vio client , i am unable to connect 2 vio client my ip address,subnet mask,gateway is correct. i have rebooted and reconfigured the ip address, but issue is persists. Kindly suggest how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

x-win client connect red hat

Hi, I use red hat linux ES 5.5 32 bit . There is x win(startx) installed. I wan to use XP at another computer and connect the x-win(startx) through IP network . Which software/freeware I can use ??? Please advice .. Is it free ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

9. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
krb5kdc(1M)															       krb5kdc(1M)

NAME
krb5kdc - KDC daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/krb5/krb5kdc [-d dbpath] [-r realm] [-R replaycachename] [-m] [-k masterenctype] [-M masterkeyname] [-p port] [-n] krb5kdc is the daemon that runs on the master and slave KDCs to process the Kerberos tickets. For Kerberos to function properly, krb5kdc must be running on at least one KDC that the Kerberos clients can access. Prior to running krb5kdc, you must initialize the Kerberos data- base using kdb5_util(1M). See the for information regarding how to set up KDCs and initialize the Kerberos database. The following options are supported: -d dbpath Specify the path to the database; default value is /var/krb5. -k masterenctype Specify the encryption type for encrypting the database. The default value is des-cbc-crc. des3-cbc-sha1, arcfour- hmac-md5, arcfour-hmac-md5-exp, aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96, and aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 are also valid. -m Specify that the master key for the database is to be entered manually. -M masterkeyname Specify the principal to retrieve the master Key for the database. -n Specify that krb5kdc should not detach from the terminal. -p port Specify the port that will be used by the KDC to listen for incoming requests. -r realm Specify the realm name; default is the local realm name. -R replaycachename Specify the replay cache name; default value is krb5kdc_rcache. /var/krb5/principal.db Kerberos principal database. /var/krb5/principal.kadm5 Kerberos administrative database. This file contains policy information. /var/krb5/principal.kadm5.lock Kerberos administrative database lock file. This file works backwards from most other lock files (that is, kadmin will exit with an error if this file does not exist). /etc/krb5/kdc.conf KDC configuration file. This file is read at startup. /etc/krb5/kpropd.acl File that defines the access control list for propagating the Kerberos database using kprop. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ kill(1), kpasswd(1), gkadmin(1M), kadmind(1M), kadmin.local(1M), kdb5_util(1M), logadm(1M), krb5.conf(4), attributes(5), krb5envvar(5), SEAM(5), NOTES
The following signal has the specified effect when sent to the server process using the kill(1)command: SIGHUP krb5kdc closes and re-opens log files that it directly opens. This can be useful for external log-rotation utili- ties such as logadm(1M). If this method is used for log file rotation, set the krb5.conf(4) kdc_rotate period rela- tion to never. 11 Jul 2005 krb5kdc(1M)