Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu ./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine Post 302269779 by Neo on Thursday 18th of December 2008 04:24:29 PM
Old 12-18-2008
Dear viji19812001,

Please post the output of this command:

Code:
gcc -v

and also:
Code:
cat /proc/version

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Perl DBI install with gcc compiler

I want to install the Perl DBI module on to my solaris ultra 10. Solaris ultra 10 does not come with a C compiler so I downloaded gcc compiler. Then I ran install as follows: # cd DBI-1.30 # ls blib DBI.xs Driver.xst Perl.c test.pl Changes dbi_sql.h ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. Linux

gcc install error

I download a gcc3.0.tar.gz file ,then tar it. Continue,I change current path to gcc3.0 and press ./configure The error appeared ,it is CC command not found . Please tell me What can I do to pass on. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fansings
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

4. Programming

New to C/gcc compiler - compile error.

I am new to comiling c/c++ programs with gcc compilier unix - AIX version 5.3 gcc compiler version - 4.0.0 My makefile. # makefile 1.0 08/20/98 #CC = cc CC = gcc ESQL = esql CFLAGS = -Wall DBSLIB= DBSLIB=-L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql -L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib `esql -libs` ALL = hds_near... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
9 Replies

5. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

7. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC compiler Ld fatal error

Hi all I'm trying to install sudo. When I first ran the sudo configure script it errored saying that I didn't have a C compiler. I have since installed the GCC 3.4.6 package for sol8 from sun freeware. Doing that resolved the no C complier found error. I was then getting an error saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get a compiler gcc, cc, cl.exe...? (literally 1st time unix user)

Hi all, I've done hours of reading on google and can't find an answer... I'm trying to compile/install the Apache web server on a Unix vm. When i try ./compile (the file's been unzipped already), I get this error: $ ./configure checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for working mkdir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddlo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gcc g++ on cygwin - configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is req

Hi, Apologies if I posted it in a wrong section as it is related to gcc on cygwin. Please move it to appropriate section. I'm trying to compile and build libsigc++-2.10.2 on cygwin with gcc 8.3.0. when I run ./configure, I get this: I couldn't fully understand what does... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
13 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)