Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X Support RSS iCal meeting invitations are sent using default Mail account Post 302269745 by Linux Bot on Thursday 18th of December 2008 01:00:04 PM
Old 12-18-2008
iCal meeting invitations are sent using default Mail account

When sending a meeting invitation by email using iCal, Mail uses the email account which is currently listed in the contact you've created for yourself in the Address Book application. If you do not have a contact established for yourself in Address Book, Mail will use the default email account that's been configured to send iCal invitations.

More from Apple OS X Support ...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding Mail from Unix account

I have a simple question. i have an e-mail account with an ISP on a Solaris box. I want to forward all the mail that comes to "only" me to another POP3 account. I used to have the commands written down on how to forward all but I have lost them. Is there a way to forward only e-mails that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsillers
2 Replies

2. BSD

Through Unix FreeBSD to create mail account

Dear All, Someone can tell me how come can I set and create the mail account in the Unix? Also, it can be applied into the misrosoft outlook to send and receive the mail? Pls let me know that asap. Top Urgent Thanks Thanks Thanks :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel0623
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending through an external e-mail account

Hi guys. After several Google hours, i've failed to find a solution to my problem, maybe my google skills arent that good - but i hope someone could help me figure this out. I'm running a ubuntu server 11.04 with postfix installed. I have installed Request tracker 4 and configured it to read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spirm8
2 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Account E-mail change

Hello, how can I change the e-mail that is associated with this forum, Unix.com account? Currently I have work e-mail that is associated with my account and I would like to change it to my personal e-mail. Thanks. Pramodini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to send mail on my company's account but gmail in Linux 6.8

On Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8. I am to get the email from my LINUX box on gmail account but it fails on company domain. getting status=sent for gmail. BUT getting below error for company domain: status=bounced #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <root@xxxx.com> does not exist... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
16 Replies
MboxParser::Mail::Convertable(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			MboxParser::Mail::Convertable(3pm)

NAME
Mail::MboxParser::Mail::Convertable - convert mail for sending etc. SYNOPSIS
use Mail::MboxParser; [...] # $msg is a Mail::MboxParser::Mail-object my $mail = $msg->make_convertable; $mail->delete_from_header('date', 'message-id'); $mail->replace_in_header('to', 'john.doe@foobar.com'); $mail->add_to_header( ['cc', 'john.does.brother@foobar.com'], where => 'BEHIND' ); $mail->send('sendmail'); DESCRIPTION
This class adds means to convert an email object into something that could be send via SMTP, NNTP or dumped to a file or filehandle. Therefore, methods are provided that change the structure of an email which includes adding and removing of header-fields, MIME-parts etc and transforming them into objects of related modules. Currently, only basic manipulation of the header and sending using Mail::Mailer is provided. More is to come soon. This class works non-destructive. You first create a Convertable-object and do any modifications on this while the Mail-object from which it was derived will not be touched. METHODS
delete_from_header(header-fields) Given a list of header-field names, these fields will be removed from the header. If you want to re-send a message, you could for instance remove the cc-field cause otherwise the message would be carbon-copied to the addresses listed in the cc-field. add_to_header(array-ref) add_to_header(array-ref, where => 'BEFORE' | 'BEHIND') add_to_header() takes a reference to a two-element list whose first element specifies the header-field to add or to add to while the second elements specifies the data that should be added. 'where' specifies whether to add at the beginning or at the end of the header. Defaults to 'BEHIND' if not given. replace_in_header(header-field, new_data) First element must be the header-field to be replaced while the second argument must be a string indicating what will be the new content of the header-field. send(command, args) Literally inherited from Mail::Internet. Commands can be "mail" (using the UNIX-mail program), "sendmail" (using a configured sendmail or compatible MTA like exim), "smtp" (for using Net::SMTP) and "test" which will only display what would be sent using /bin/echo. Additional arguments will be passed on to Mail::Mailer->new() which is in fact what Mail::Internet->send() uses. For more details, see Mail::Mailer VERSION
This is version 0.55. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Tassilo von Parseval <tassilo.von.parseval@rwth-aachen.de> Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Tassilo von Parseval. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Mail::Internet, Mail::Mailer perl v5.12.3 2005-12-08 MboxParser::Mail::Convertable(3pm)