Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with add
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with add Post 302269411 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 02:47:14 PM
Old 12-17-2008
nawk -f uwork.awk myFile

uwork.awk:
Code:
!(FNR % 2) {
     printf("%s%s%s%s", f2[1], OFS, f2[2], OFS);
     for (i=3; i<=NF;i++)
        printf("%d%c", $i + f2[i], (i==NF) ? RS : FS)
     split("", f2)
     next
}
{
  split($0, f2)
}

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add add some files together and then paste

How can you efficiently add pairs of files together and then paste those pairs, I have a climate computer at work which spits out temperatures and stuff out twice a day, one for the day-data and one for the night (basically). Every week I want to make a nice overview The text files are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uwgandalf
1 Replies
fixadd(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixadd(3alleg4)

NAME
fixadd - Safe function to add fixed point numbers clamping overflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixadd(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be added with the normal '+' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 5035 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(-31000), itofix(-3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of adding `x' to `y', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixadd(3alleg4)