Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Killed by signal 15.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Killed by signal 15. Post 302269392 by almanto on Wednesday 17th of December 2008 02:03:15 PM
Old 12-17-2008
Killed by signal 15.

Hi all

I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script.

Master.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/export/home/user/Main.sh

Main.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/export/home/user/Child1.sh &
/export/home/user/Child2.sh &
/export/home/user/Child3.sh &
/export/home/user/Child4.sh &

I run only Master.sh script because Master.sh calls Main.sh and Main.sh calls 4 Child.sh (need run parallel)
After I ran Master.sh,I get message "Killed by signal 15."
I'm not sure that root cause is input "&" ?

please suggest me how to do this?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process not getting killed

I have a process that is in the sleeping state "S" and I have tried to stop it with a run control script that I use to stop/start it - but it does not stop. I have tried kill -9 <PID of process> with no change. I imagine that this process is sleeping with the kernel. It does not respond to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm getting killed and I don't know why.

UPDATE: I think I may have a culprit. I had KDE console history to unlimited, and since there's a lot of output... I'm thinking that may be it. I'd still like to hear advice on how to figure out why processes get killed, if anyone has any! though ****************** There's this script I run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Port used needs to be killed

Hi, We are using oracle 10g in a Solaris box. The same box has Informatica also installed. But it runs on port 6001. But whenever the server is restarted the Oracle database picks up the port 6001 and does not allow Informatica to be started. But I am have no clue of which Oracle process is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to trap unix signal if the process killed/interupt occured in bash...

hey champs, I have a process running.......i have to catch/trap the signal when the process is being interupted/killed (kill -9 pid) option...... how can i achieve the same thru my process........ let my process is a.sh and it supposed to take 13 mins to complete, but due to some problem ,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls is being killed

Hi There, Hope anyone can give me a hand on AIX oslevel -r 5300-05 Try to "ls *sh" from folder and it return killed, is there any clue on that? 1. perform ls and count ls * | wc -l 0 ksh: 561582 Killed 2. without provide "*" wildcard, the result can be return ls | wc ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkrainbow
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting 'Killed' msg

Can anyone explain? I start my unix session on AIX, run tcsh move to a particular directory, let say: cd /test/bin and next i run a command like: grep "test string" /test/bin/* to look for the string in any files in the directory. I am getting a response of Killed. Why is that... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syncsort is getting killed

Hi All, I am running synsort utility via unix scripts. As soon as the control reaches the syncsort command,Its getting killed. The error message is /proj/cdw/syncsort/dev/copay/CdwWkRvrslFileReformat.syn: 8339696 Killed . Please suggest to overcome this issue. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantnandi
5 Replies

8. Linux

Problem with dovecot (Killed with signal 15)

hey, i have been facing a very fatel error with dovecot.. i am getting this error in my dovecot.log file dovecot: Feb 13 15:21:02 Fatal: chdir(/var/mail/folders/user1) failed with uid 1001: Permission denied dovecot: Feb 13 15:21:02 Error: child 18732 (imap) returned error 89 dovecot: Feb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: htshshrm2
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Has Oracle killed HP-UX

Has Oracle killed HP-UX with their gambit of telling the public they would no longer support Itanium? The company I work for in the Dallas, TX area has had several openings for HP-UX administrators and we're having such a tough time finding qualified people to fill them. I have been searching job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crashing machins at ESXI-6 killed by TERM signal

Hi, i have 2 machines in ESXI6 that both made a restart at the same time but no errors from ESXI side. one machine with Centos 6.6 and one with centos 7 same log at the Dmesg: please help me find a lead what could made this ? Mar 17 20:20:28 pbxnl-b-sales-ru-ua init: tty (/dev/tty1) main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
2 Replies
PAM_XAUTH(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_XAUTH(8)

NAME
pam_xauth - PAM module to forward xauth keys between users SYNOPSIS
pam_xauth.so [debug] [xauthpath=/path/to/xauth] [systemuser=UID] [targetuser=UID] DESCRIPTION
The pam_xauth PAM module is designed to forward xauth keys (sometimes referred to as "cookies") between users. Without pam_xauth, when xauth is enabled and a user uses the su(1) command to assume another user's privileges, that user is no longer able to access the original user's X display because the new user does not have the key needed to access the display. pam_xauth solves the problem by forwarding the key from the user running su (the source user) to the user whose identity the source user is assuming (the target user) when the session is created, and destroying the key when the session is torn down. This means, for example, that when you run su(1) from an xterm session, you will be able to run X programs without explicitly dealing with the xauth(1) xauth command or ~/.Xauthority files. pam_xauth will only forward keys if xauth can list a key connected to the $DISPLAY environment variable. Primitive access control is provided by ~/.xauth/export in the invoking user's home directory and ~/.xauth/import in the target user's home directory. If a user has a ~/.xauth/import file, the user will only receive cookies from users listed in the file. If there is no ~/.xauth/import file, the user will accept cookies from any other user. If a user has a .xauth/export file, the user will only forward cookies to users listed in the file. If there is no ~/.xauth/export file, and the invoking user is not root, the user will forward cookies to any other user. If there is no ~/.xauth/export file, and the invoking user is root, the user will not forward cookies to other users. Both the import and export files support wildcards (such as *). Both the import and export files can be empty, signifying that no users are allowed. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. xauthpath=/path/to/xauth Specify the path the xauth program (it is expected in /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth, /usr/bin/xauth, or /usr/bin/X11/xauth by default). systemuser=UID Specify the highest UID which will be assumed to belong to a "system" user. pam_xauth will refuse to forward credentials to users with UID less than or equal to this number, except for root and the "targetuser", if specified. targetuser=UID Specify a single target UID which is exempt from the systemuser check. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_PERM_DENIED Permission denied by import/export file. PAM_SESSION_ERR Cannot determine user name, UID or access users home directory. PAM_SUCCESS Success. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/su to forward xauth keys between users when calling su: session optional pam_xauth.so IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
pam_xauth will work only if it is used from a setuid application in which the getuid() call returns the id of the user running the application, and for which PAM can supply the name of the account that the user is attempting to assume. The typical application of this type is su(1). The application must call both pam_open_session() and pam_close_session() with the ruid set to the uid of the calling user and the euid set to root, and must have provided as the PAM_USER item the name of the target user. pam_xauth calls xauth(1) as the source user to extract the key for $DISPLAY, then calls xauth as the target user to merge the key into the a temporary database and later remove the database. pam_xauth cannot be told to not remove the keys when the session is closed. FILES
~/.xauth/import XXX ~/.xauth/export XXX SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_xauth was written by Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com>, based on original version by Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_XAUTH(8)