Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with ps command
Operating Systems Solaris problem with ps command Post 302268992 by sanjay1979 on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 04:23:45 PM
Old 12-16-2008
problem with ps command

Hi all

I use to run sql loader inside a script with usename and password written in syntax. Now when I use 'ps' command to know about the status of loading, it also shows username and password that I don't want to share with someone who is sitting with me. If you have any idea except encryption of password then please share.

Thanks in advance.

regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with who command

Sorry for my poor english. Unix is SCO ODT ver 3.0 Mine problem is : when I login via some terminal emulator and type : who am i I see information like this : username ttyp02 Feb 28 09:53 after logoff and type who command (from some other terminal) I see that ttyp02 is still... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bane_yu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with ps command??

I have a problem to.... (1).List the number of unique users that has active processes. (2).List the number of active processes for each of the users in (1). (3).Determine total memory usage for each user. Help me please....thank you. Best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robocup
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dd command or maybe AFS problem

Hi, folks. Sorry for bothering, but maybe someone could help me please. The problem is the following: there is some script that copies files from local file system to AFS. The copying is performed with dd command. The script copies data into some AFS volumes. The problem appeared with one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with command tr

Hello, excuse me for my english, i'm a french man. I have a problem with the command tr in applescript (with the accent...in french we have a lot of accents), i have read that is a problem with the version 10.5 of leopard then i would want to download the version 10.4 of universal binary of tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: protocomm
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

please help me in if command problem

Please help me this script !!!! Script ***** a=2.0.0.0 b=1.0.0.0 #if test $a -ge $b if then echo "A is Greater than B" else echo "B is Greater than A" fi i am getting following error >sh abc abc: line 6: [: 2.0.0.0: integer expression expected (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mv command and touch command

Hi guys, first of all I would say that this is my first time I write in a Forum. I've read the "forum rules" and I hope i will respect them. I searched everywhere for the solution of my problem but I didn't find anything. Here my problem: I'm using a sap job scheduler: in a particular job... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antcam
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with tr command

Hi friends, Today I found one strange behaviour of the tr command. I used the following command: echo "NEE"|tr Sometimes it was giving "nee" as ouput . sometimes it was giving "NEE" as output. Finally I used the below code: echo "NEE"|tr "" "" ... and it gave me the correct... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
17 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
UPSCMD(8)							    NUT Manual								 UPSCMD(8)

NAME
upscmd - UPS administration program for instant commands SYNOPSIS
upscmd -h upscmd -l ups upscmd [-u username] [-p password] ups command DESCRIPTION
upscmd allows you to invoke "instant commands" in your UPS hardware. Not all hardware supports this, so check the list with -l to see if anything will work on your equipment. On hardware that supports it, you can use this program to start and stop battery tests, invoke a front panel test (beep!), turn the load on or off, and more. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -l ups Show the list of supported instant commands on that UPS. Some hardware may not support any of them. -u username Set the username for the connection to the server. This is optional, and you will be prompted for this when invoking a command if -u is not used. -p password Set the password to authenticate to the server. This is also optional like -u, and you will be prompted for it if necessary. ups Connect to this UPS. The format is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". UNATTENDED MODE
If you run this program inside a shell script or similar to invoke a command, you will need to specify all of the information on the command line. This means using -u and -p. Otherwise it will put up a prompt and your program will hang. This is not necessary when displaying the list, as the username and password are not required for read-only mode. DANGEROUS COMMANDS
Some drivers like apcsmart(8) have built-in paranoia for the dangerous commands like load.off. To make them actually turn off the load, you will have to send the command twice within a short window. That is, you will have to send it once, then send it again after 3 seconds elapse but before 15 seconds pass. This paranoia is entirely defined within the driver. upsd and upscmd have no control over the timing. DIAGNOSTICS
upscmd won't work unless you provide a valid username and password. If you get "access denied" errors, make sure that your upsd.users(5) has an entry for you, and that the username you are using has permissions to SET variables. BUGS
There is currently no way to tell the user when the driver requires confirmation to invoke a command such as load.off. Similarly, there is not yet a way to tell the user if a command succeeds or fails. This is on the list of things to fix in the future, so don't despair. It involves magic cookies. SEE ALSO
upsd(8), upsrw(8) INTERNET RESOURCES
The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSCMD(8)