Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 1 script 8 boxes and it is erroring on 3 of them Post 302268523 by frank_rizzo on Monday 15th of December 2008 07:48:58 PM
Old 12-15-2008
what are the permissions on /db01 and the underlying mount point?

and is it different then the other servers?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting one script to run on multiple boxes

I have a script that generates an output file after pulling data from a local DB on one of my boxes. There are other nearly-identical boxes on the network, each with their own local DB, and I'd like to run the script there too. Copying the script to each box and then running them individually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bschnair
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a Script to rsh multiple hp boxes and shutdown

Hello I'm serving on a ship that has frequent power issues. Currently if we loose power we need to rush around to multiple UNIX machines and login to Sysadmin and power down each machine before we loose our ups. If sysadmin is asleep or not in the space we have some real problems. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackfam972
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a help in the Shell script which is erroring out

Hi all I want to add this line after a line This is the line which needs to be add after the word permission echo 'profile: /export/home/unix1/auto.pr' >> $xxyy if ;then cd $unixserv/unix sed ' /permission/ a\ echo 'profile: /export/home/unix1/auto.pr' >> $xxyy... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
13 Replies

5. AIX

mtime command erroring

I am calling this paramters from a controlfile CONTROLFILE="/u01/scripts/admin/filesystem.ctl" SEARCH_PATH="`grep SEARCH_PATH $CONTROLFILE | awk -F: '{print $2}' `" FILE_TYPE="`grep FILE_TYPE $CONTROLFILE | awk -F: '{print $2}' `" DEL_RETENTION_SIZE="`grep DEL_RETENTION_SIZE $CONTROLFILE |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to login into multiple linux boxes

I have requirement to login into a multiple linux boxes by running the shell script in a single linux box and to find the count of files in a specific folder in each box and log them in a log file in the box where i m runnning the script. Box names will be stored in a text file host.txt. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani2512
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to collect information from current and remote unix boxes

I am using AIX 5.3.0.0 ; I need a script to find out each remote AIX boxes Hostname, Model name and Serial number in following format Hostname Modelname SerialID AIXMC01 IBM,7026-B80 IBM,0110BBA1F AIXMC02 IBM,7026-H50 IBM,0110BBA56 AIXMC03 IBM,7026-H50 IBM,0110BBARR... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to scp a file to multiple boxes

Hello All, I am new to scripting and I am trying to write a script which can scp a file from one box to multiple boxes. I am thinking to do like this. 1) create a file with list of all server names 2)write a script which will pick up each server line by line from server list and copy it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - erroring out - unexpected token

can anyone help identify where the issue is here? awk 'BEGIN { c="perl -e 'print scalar(localtime("'${EPOCHTIME}'")), "\n"'"; c|getline; close( c ); print $2" "$3" "$4" "$6; }' bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' can't seem to figure it out. i tried this: awk 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
lofs(7FS)							   File Systems 							 lofs(7FS)

NAME
lofs - loopback virtual file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int mount (const char* dir, const char* virtual, int mflag, lofs, NULL, 0); DESCRIPTION
The loopback file system device allows new, virtual file systems to be created, which provide access to existing files using alternate pathnames. Once the virtual file system is created, other file systems can be mounted within it, without affecting the original file sys- tem. However, file systems which are subsequently mounted onto the original file system are visible to the virtual file system, unless or until the corresponding mount point in the virtual file system is covered by a file system mounted there. virtual is the mount point for the virtual file system. dir is the pathname of the existing file system. mflag specifies the mount options; the MS_DATA bit in mflag must be set. If the MS_RDONLY bit in mflag is not set, accesses to the loop back file system are the same as for the underlying file system. Otherwise, all accesses in the loopback file system will be read-only. All other mount(2) options are inherited from the underlying file systems. A loopback mount of '/' onto /tmp/newroot allows the entire file system hierarchy to appear as if it were duplicated under /tmp/newroot, including any file systems mounted from remote NFS servers. All files would then be accessible either from a pathname relative to '/' or from a pathname relative to /tmp/newroot until such time as a file system is mounted in /tmp/newroot, or any of its subdirectories. Loopback mounts of '/' can be performed in conjunction with the chroot(2) system call, to provide a complete virtual file system to a process or family of processes. Recursive traversal of loopback mount points is not allowed. After the loopback mount of /tmp/newroot, the file /tmp/newroot/tmp/newroot does not contain yet another file system hierarchy; rather, it appears just as /tmp/newroot did before the loopback mount was performed (for example, as an empty directory). Examples lofs file systems are mounted using: mount -F lofs /tmp /mnt SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), mount(1M), chroot(2), mount(2), sysfs(2), vfstab(4), lofi(7D) WARNINGS
Loopback mounts must be used with care; the potential for confusing users and applications is enormous. A loopback mount entry in /etc/vfstab must be placed after the mount points of both directories it depends on. This is most easily accomplished by making the loop- back mount entry the last in /etc/vfstab. SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2001 lofs(7FS)