Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers equivalent of "seq" to make alpha list Post 302268410 by uiop44 on Monday 15th of December 2008 04:45:41 PM
Old 12-15-2008
Very succint and informative answers. Thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"./cofigure" and "make" turmoil

I am a Unix newbie and I downloaded some X11 programs. I have gcc, but I cannot compile the files. I NEED HELP!!!! :confused: (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
16 Replies

3. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the ksh equivalent to bash's "history -c" command?

Hi, What is the korn shell equivalent of bash shell's "history -c" command? I do know, how to clear the history list in ksh, I can do the following: > ~/.sh_historybut still, I am interested to know the single one line command as 'history -c' gives error on my ksh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent to Perl's and Bash's "=~" Operator?

Hello All, Alright, so this is driving me absolutely insane. I can't seem to find this ANYWHERE... I've tried every combination and synonym I can think of for this trying to search Google. What is the Expect/Tcl equivalent to Perl and Bash's "=~" operator, (i.e. the "contains" operator).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from "list1" and list matches in "list2"

I want to print any matching IP addresse in List1 with List 2; List 1 List of IP addresses; 161.85.58.210 250.57.15.129 217.23.162.249 74.76.129.101 30.221.177.237 3.147.200.59 170.58.142.64 127.65.109.33 150.167.242.146 223.3.20.186 25.181.180.99 2.55.199.32 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
AMC-NOTE(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						       AMC-NOTE(1)

NAME
AMC-note - computes marks after scans data capture for AMC multiple choice exams. SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice note --data project-data-dir [--seuil threshold] [--grain granularity] [--arrondi rounding] [--notemin min] [--notemax max] [--no-plafond | --plafond] DESCRIPTION
The AMC-note.pl command computes marks for all students from the scoring strategy extracted from the LaTeX source file by AMC-prepare(1) and from the data capture reports made by AMC-analyse(1). --data project-data-dir gives the directory where data files are (see for example AMC-meptex(1)). --seuil threshold gives the black ratio threshold (see AMC-analyse(1)) for deciding whether a box is ticked or not. --grain granularity --arrondi rounding ask marks to be rounded to a multiple of granularity. If rounding is 'i', rounding is done from below (as with floor(3)). If rounding is 'n', rounding is done to the nearest multiple of granularity. If rounding is 's', rounding is done from above (as with ceil(3)). For example, with options "--grain 0.25 --arrondi s", mark 6.285 is rounded to 6.5. --notemin min with this option, all marks below min will be replaced by min. --notemax max gives the mark to associate to a sheet where all answers are correct. If not used, marks are not scaled. --plafond with this option, all marks above max will be replaced by max. --debug file.log gives a file to fill with debugging information. --postcorrect-student s --postcorrect-copy c requests port-correction from the completed answer sheet identified by student and copy numbers. In post-correction mode, correct answers are not extracted from the LaTeX source file, but taken from the answers given on this sheet. AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-NOTE(1)