Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling a program (w/ params) from within shell Post 302268175 by siba.s.nayak on Monday 15th of December 2008 06:22:46 AM
Old 12-15-2008
If you know how to pass parameters to a FOTRAN file. then hust call the obj file from you script. and pass the args to the object file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SHELL script from C program

Hi, I just tried to call a simple script from a pretty simple C program. I could not succeed :-( a message was thrown saying "sh: line 1: "Script name with path": Permission denied" The C program and shell script are below, both are in the same directory and shell script is given... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling program

hi, i have a script.sh on my machine and it used in the system but my question is how can i know the program called this script.sh?? i.e. from where it called and execute?? Many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alzuma
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Functions of Other K Shell Program

Hi, I have a K shell a.ksh function abc { // Some logic } In b.ksh i have included the a.ksh ./a.ksh I want to call the abc function from this b.ksh script. Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling a Universe program

Can someone offer some technical advice concerning an call to a IBM U2 (Universe) program? When I use the following script from a unix shell, it works fine: $ " xxx.sh " (contains the following --->) 1. cd /links/ACCOUNT1 2. /shapps/ibm/uv/bin/uv "COUNT FILE1" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smintz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from C program by calling fork and execl

I need to write a c program that uses the fork and excel system calls to run the shell script mode invoked like this: "./mode 644 ls -l" (that is the argumetns will always be 644 ls -l) here's the mode script: #!/bin/sh octal="$1" shift find . -maxdepth 1 -perm $octal -exec $@ {} \; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
0 Replies

7. Programming

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl script in shell program

How to call a perl script in shell program / shell scripting. PLS HELP ME (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

10. Programming

Program crashes on calling __libc_msgrcv()

Hi, I am a newbie to linux programming. I have implemented msgqueue in C. msgrcv() call at the client end is as below: msgrcv( msgqid, msgptr, msgsize, msgtype, 0 ); My program works fine when msgrcv () from /lib/libc.so.6 is called. However it crashes when __libc_msgrcv() is called. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praasanna
3 Replies
JE::LValue(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   JE::LValue(3pm)

NAME
JE::LValue - JavaScript lvalue class SYNOPSIS
use JE::LValue; $lv = new JE::LValue $some_obj, 'property_name'; $lv->get; # get property $lv->set($value) # set property $lv->some_other_method # same as $lv->get->some_other_method DESCRIPTION
This class implements JavaScript lvalues (called "Reference Types" by the ECMAScript specification). METHODS AND OVERLOADING
If a method is called that is not listed here, it will be passed to the property referenced by the lvalue. (See the last item in the SYNOPSIS, above.) For this reason, you should never call "UNIVERSAL::can" on a JE::LValue, but, rather, call it as a method ("$lv->can(...)"), unless you really know what you are doing. Similarly, if you try to use an overloaded operator, it will be passed on to the object that the lvalue references, such that "!$lvalue" is the same as calling "!$lvalue->get". $lv = new JE::LValue $obj, $property Creates an lvalue/reference with $obj as the base object and $property as the property name. If $obj is undefined or null, a TypeError is thrown. To create a lvalue that has no base object, and which will throw a ReferenceError when "->get" is called and create a global property upon invocation of "->set", pass an unblessed reference to a global object as the first argument. (This is used by bare identifiers in JS expressions.) $lv->get Gets the value of the property. $lv->set($value) Sets the property to $value and returns $value. If the lvalue has no base object, the global object will become its base object automatically. <Note:> Whether the lvalue object itself is modified in the latter case is not set in stone yet. (Currently it is modified, but that may change.) $lv->call(@args) If the property is a function, this calls the function with the base object as the 'this' value. $lv->base Returns the base object. If there isn't any, it returns undef or an empty list, depending on context. $lv->property Returns the property name. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 JE::LValue(3pm)