Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get the script corrected to get the solution Post 302267203 by Annihilannic on Thursday 11th of December 2008 09:07:53 PM
Old 12-11-2008
That's a lot of code to debug... can you start by telling us how exactly it does not work?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script solution

Hi I need to do this thing in awk (or perl?). I try to find out how can I identify 1st and 2nd result from the OR expression in gensub: block='title Sata Mandriva kernel /boot/vmlinuz initrd /boot/initrd.img' echo "$block" | awk '{ x=gensub(/(kernel|initrd) /,"\\1XXX","g"); print x }' ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: webhope
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command needs to be corrected.

Hi All, I am writing a simple script for find and replace strings in a bunch of files.Everything looks good except for the sed command , since it has a "/" in the search command and "$" in the replace string. Please find the script below. Can someone please help me in getting to the right sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script solution as singleline ?

Hello My script has following line and output find path -type d | awk -F "/" 'NF == 4{print $3}' path/custype=Type1/logdate=20160414 path/custype=Type11122/logdate=20160414 But I need following output that I need custtype information between "" like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuluhan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with compare 2 column content and corrected/replaced word

Input File CGGCGCCTCGCNNNCGAGCG CGGCGCGCCGAATCCGTGCG TCGCNGC GCGCCGC ACGGCNNNNN ACGGCCTCGCG CGGCNGCCCGCCC CGGCGCGCCGTCC Desired Output File CGGCGCCTCGCNNNCGAGCG CGGCGCGCCGAATCCGTGCG CGGCGCCTCGCATCCGAGCG TCGCNGC GCGCCGC TCGCCGC ACGGCNNNNN ACGGCCTCGCG ACGGCTCGCG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
6 Replies
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(3X)									       XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(3X)

NAME
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected - A List function that replaces items in a list without selecting the replacement items SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/List.h> void XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected (widget, new_items, item_count, position) Widget widget; XmString *new_items; int item_count; int position; DESCRIPTION
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected replaces the specified number of items in the list with new items, starting at the given position. The replacement items remain unselected, even if they currently appear in the XmNselectedItems list. Specifies the ID of the List widget to replace items in. Specifies a pointer to the replacement items. Specifies the number of elements in new_items and the number of items in the list to replace. This number must be non-negative. Specifies the position of the first item in the list to be replaced. A value of 1 indicates that the first item replaced is the first item in the list; a value of 2 indicates that it is the second item; and so on. Beginning with the item specified in position, item_count items in the list are replaced with the corresponding elements from new_items. That is, the item at position is replaced with the first element of new_items; the item after position is replaced with the second element of new_items; and so on, until item_count is reached. For a complete definition of List and its associated resources, see XmList(3X). SEE ALSO
XmList(3X) XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(3X)