Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: a pthread problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers a pthread problem Post 302267186 by fpmurphy on Thursday 11th of December 2008 07:55:22 PM
Old 12-11-2008
You have not shown us all your code. Please show all your code and provide information about your OS version, compiler version and how you compiled your executable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

More about Pthread

Can someone point to a link where I can get good info about pthread? thanx.. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Programming

pthread

consider if the thread routine returns any void pointer while calling pthread_join, the thread resources are freed and the thread will be terminated when the main thread is exit ,that is my assumption whether it is true how do we find whether the thread is alive or terminated how do we find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKSRaja
0 Replies

3. Programming

pthread.h

hallo 2 al can anyone pls tell me where and how can i find and install the pthread.h lib ? thx :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XinU*
2 Replies

4. Solaris

pthread problem

Hi all! I am working on unix systems.I am programming in c. I have got some problems with pthread.when I use pthread_create to creat a thread it says: (.text+0x3a): undefined reference to `pthread_create'. same is the problm with pthread_kill. Can anyone help me out here. Thanks. vij. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
2 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with pointers, structures, and Pthread

Hello all, I'm working on a small wrapper library for a bigger project, and i've been killing my self over (what I think is) a pointer problem. Here is the code (I extracted the part of the code where the problem is for better reading, I tested the code below, and I get the same problem):... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmp0
13 Replies

6. Programming

PThread and More Than 1 Core

Hello all. I have made an application in C using pthreads. My problem is that my program seems to be only using 1 of my cores when I create multiple threads. I have 4 cores (Q9300). I am using Ubuntu 8.04. I do believe the problem is that on linkage it's using a pthread emulation package... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LightRaven
4 Replies

7. Programming

How can I parallize using pthread

Hi all, How can i parallize this code in pthread? for(round=1;round<=16;round++) { Expansion(mid, 17 - round - 1, left); Expansion(mid, round - 1, right); round++; Expansion(right, 17 - round - 1, mid); Expansion(left, round - 1,mid); } Whereby each loop depend on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_enayah
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pthread

I am so confused about the user threads and kernel threads.Suppose I created a thread using pthread create call in Linux ,whether it will be a user thread or kernel thread.If it user thread,then how its map to kernel thread. I heard about the M:1,M:N,1:1 mapping methods.Which method linux is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

pthread problem

Hi all, I wrote some code in c, using pthread (I configured the linker and compiler in eclipse IDE first). #include <pthread.h> #include "starter.h" #include "UI.h" Page* MM; Page* Disk; PCB* all_pcb_array; void* display_prompt(void *id){ printf("Hello111\n"); return... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elad2109
1 Replies

10. Programming

pthread()

I have a while loop like so: while (counter (file1)); how can I pass that into a pthread_create()? I was thinking ... while(pthread_create(&path, NULL, counter, file)); is that right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
1 Replies
xft-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     xft-config(1)

NAME
xft-config - report Xft version, compiler, linker, and/or installation directory information SYNOPSIS
xft-config { --exec-prefix[=local_prefix] | --prefix[=local_prefix] | --cflags | --libs } ... xft-config --version DESCRIPTION
xft-config reports information of interest to users and developers about the installed version of the X FreeType library, Xft(3). Depend- ing on how it is invoked, xft-config reports the installed version of Xft, the compiler and linker flags that are required to successfully compile and link C (or C-compatible) code that uses the library, and/or the directories used by the GNU Autotools to install its files. Note that if the system's installed version of Xft came from an OS vendor or other third party, the actual location of its files may differ from those reported by xft-config. The system adminstrator can also relocate Xft's files. If invoked without any arguments, xft-config will print a usage message on standard error and exit. OPTIONS
--cflags Report the compiler flags that are required to compile code that uses Xft symbols. --exec-prefix[=local_prefix] If specified without the parameter local_prefix, report the file specification prefix that Xft uses for installation of executable files. If local_prefix is specified, it is used instead of the file specification prefix used for installation of executable files by Xft and the value of the option argument specified with --prefix, if any, when compile and linker flags are reported (with --cflags and --libs, respectively). --libs Report the linker flags that are required to link code that uses Xft symbols. --prefix[=local_prefix] If specified without the parameter local_prefix, report the file specification prefix that Xft uses for installation of files. If local_prefix is specified, it is used instead of the file specification prefix used for installation of files by Xft when compile and linker flags are reported (with --cflags and --libs, respectively); also see --exec-prefix. --version Report the version of the Xft library installed on the system and exit. OPERANDS
xft-config does not recognize any non-option arguments. At least one option must be specified. EXIT STATUS
0 Information was successfully reported. 1 xft-config was invoked with invalid arguments, or no arguments at all. AUTHOR
xft-config was written by Keith Packard. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson. SEE ALSO
Xft(3) Xft Version 2.1.14 xft-config(1)