Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Protect .profile from accidental delete Post 302266956 by lefrajea on Thursday 11th of December 2008 10:42:46 AM
Old 12-11-2008
Question Question

Were you able to find a way to protect the .profile to be remove by the user ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protect from rm /

We recently had an accidental delete from /. I hold the root password but others are allowed to sudo over to root to perform admin tasks. The only way I want to permit deletion from / is by physically being root (su -). I'd like to add a line to the sudoers file which would permit all commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove accidental file

Hi, I have a strange problem. I accidentally created a file named ${1}_$(date+%Y%m%d) and when i am trying to remove it I am getting this error . Can any one suggest me how i can remove this accidental file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidental deletion of root account

I had created a root account when I installed the Centos 5 into my system. But now the problem I'm facing is that I accidently deleted the root user account in my system. Is there a way to recreate the root account in the system now, without reinstalling the OS? Pls help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protect process

how to protect my process from others to kill?? Double post, continued here, thread closed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrintu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prevent accidental push of yp maps from slave servers

To prevent an accidental "cd /var/yp; make all" from being executed on an NIS slave server, I found a helpful hint from an instructor in a Solaris class. Just rename the /var/yp/Makefile to Makefile.orig. You will get an error message when trying to execute the "make all" on a slave server. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoser
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with accidental endless loop

I was practicing writing simple loops as I am a new bash user and I created this script, which turned out to be an endless loop where the echo output does not stop and I do not see where my mistake is. #!/bin/bash echo 'enter a number from 1 to 100' read number while do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldenlinx
2 Replies
AA-GENPROF(8)							     AppArmor							     AA-GENPROF(8)

NAME
aa-genprof - profile generation utility for AppArmor SYNOPSIS
aa-genprof <executable> [-d /path/to/profiles] OPTIONS
-d --dir /path/to/profiles Specifies where to look for the AppArmor security profile set. Defaults to /etc/apparmor.d. DESCRIPTION
When running aa-genprof, you must specify a program to profile. If the specified program is not a fully-qualified path, aa-genprof will search $PATH in order to find the program. If a profile does not exist for the program, aa-genprof will create one using aa-autodep(1). Genprof will then: - set the profile to complain mode - write a mark to the system log - instruct the user to start the application to be profiled in another window and exercise its functionality It then presents the user with two options, (S)can system log for entries to add to profile and (F)inish. If the user selects (S)can or hits return, aa-genprof will parse the complain mode logs and iterate through generated violations using aa-logprof(1). After the user finishes selecting profile entries based on violations that were detected during the program execution, aa-genprof will reload the updated profiles in complain mode and again prompt the user for (S)can and (D)one. This cycle can then be repeated as necessary until all application functionality has been exercised without generating access violations. When the user eventually hits (F)inish, aa-genprof will set the main profile, and any other profiles that were generated, into enforce mode and exit. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), logprof.conf(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-GENPROF(8)