Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Technology Level update errors Post 302266909 by bakunin on Thursday 11th of December 2008 09:47:25 AM
Old 12-11-2008
I am not sure if you really need the Inventory Scout to be installed at all. Have a look at the pinned thread "AIX bits and pieces" at the top of this forum and find out which filesets are downlevel at all. Then get exactly these filesets from IBMs Fixdist:Central website, the link is also mentioned in one of the pinned threads.

You could consider removing the Inventory Scout at all if you do not plan to use automatic updates.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Howto upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML

Hi, Installing a new version of PROGRESS DB software 9.1c requires us to upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML ( http://techweb.progress.com/kbase/19779 ) How would a do this savely. This is what i have already. 1) take a system backup. 2) find the level we are on right now. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Technology Level 9

Hi Guys I am currently running AIX 5.3 technology level 6 on a 570, but want to go up to level 9. However I am struggling to find on IBM's website the new features that it brings in, along with the commands for these new features. Can any one help me with this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
7 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

4. AIX

Update technology level

Hello I update one lpar from TL03 to TL06 reboot and check with lppchk -v, errpt and everything looks fine then I commit my fileset and I update to TL08-04. The installation was ok. I reboot my machine again check with lppchk -v and errpt and its ok, but when I type oslevel -s I get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

5. Solaris

What update level included fcinfo?

Hi all first post here. quick question what Solaris 10 update level included this utility? I have a bunch of Sun boxes at varying levels of Solaris 10 some have it some do not. When I do my install I take the full option for the packages to install on all the systems. thanks in advance... Mike (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_243us
4 Replies

6. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. AIX

Pre-installation verification before technology level update

Hello, I was trying to upgrade TL on a lab server (test box). I did worked on (few) these type of SP and TL updates in the recent past. I saw the below message for the first time on server. current OS level : 7100-03-01-1341 downloaded the newest/recent fix pack from fix central as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies
rmfdmn(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rmfdmn(8)

NAME
rmfdmn - removes a file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/rmfdmn [-f] domain OPTIONS
Turns off the message prompt. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing file domain. DESCRIPTION
Use the rmfdmn utility to remove an existing, but unused, file domain and all its filesets from the system. When you remove a file domain: The file domain and its filesets are destroyed The directory entry for the file domain in the /etc/fdmns file is deleted AdvFS volumes which were assigned to the file domain are relabeled as unused Before attempting to remove a file domain, unmount all filesets and clone filesets from the domain using the umount command. If you attempt to remove a file domain that has mounted filesets or clone filesets, the system does not remove the file domain. Instead, it dis- plays an error message indicating that a fileset is mounted. For each file domain you attempt to remove, a prompt similar to the following is displayed: rmfdmn accounts_dmn rmfdmn: remove domain accounts_dmn? [yes/no] If you answer n, the file domain remains. If you answer y, it is removed. The default is n, the file domain remains. The -f option is useful for scripts when you do not want to be queried for each file domain. If you choose the -f option, no message prompt is displayed. The rmfdmn command operates as if you responded yes to the prompt. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. To remove a domain, all filesets and clone filesets must be unmounted. The rmfdmn command can leave a partially-removed domain in the /etc/fdmns directory, for example, should there be a system failure during the remove operation. If this happens, the remnants of the removed domain are put in the /etc/fdmns directory as a file with a name in this format: rmfdmn.domain_name.processid. If you interrupt the rmfdmn command or there is a system failure during its operation, check the /etc/fdmns directory for domain names in this format and use the rmfdmn command to delete them. However, if a partially-removed domain has been in the /etc/fdmns directory for some time, it can be risky to remove it with the rmfdmn command: the partitions might have been put back into use and deleting them would make them unusable. [The rmfdmn command puts an unused option in the fstype field of the disk label when it removes disks.] In this case, use the rm -r command to remove the partially-recovered domain. Unlike the rmfdmn command, the rm command does not alter the fstype field of the disk label. EXAMPLES
The following example removes the accounts_dmn file domain. In this example, the accounts_dmn#credit_fs fileset is mounted on the /mnt3 directory and must be unmounted. When the verification prompt for removing the accounts_dmn is displayed, yes is selected. # umount /mnt3 # rmfdmn accounts_dmn # rmfdmn: remove domain accounts_dmn? [yes/no] # rmfdmn: domain accounts_dmn removed FILES
Contains file domain names and devices. SEE ALSO
mkfdmn(8), advfs(4), showfdmn(8), mount(8) rmfdmn(8)