Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get RPC(Remote Proceedure Call) values? Post 302266751 by meheretoknow on Thursday 11th of December 2008 01:49:21 AM
Old 12-11-2008
thanks otheus..that was a hit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Admintool and rpc call

Hi all, I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. i get the message: Received communication service error 4: Remote procedure call timed out: program = 100087, version = 10 Just to say, i don't use nis/nisplus on my server... What to do? Thanx Jason (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help remote procedure call

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auto2000
1 Replies

3. Programming

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Replies

5. Programming

am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call You are to write a program using RPC facility to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Programming

Is it possible to call remote function in another daemon?

Hi, Is it possible to call a remote function in another daemon? Here is the setup: I have two daemons daemon A with function "s" and daemon B with function "k". I need a way function "s" from daemon A to call a function "k" from daemon B and pass some arguments. When the request is ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
13 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

9. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

10. Programming

Call failed: RPC: Can't decode result

Hello I am trying to run rpc program to query an entry from a file at the server side that is in the form of <mm> <dd> <event>. I get the proper result at the server. I have verified it by printf statements just before return statement of the result at server side. But somehow I am unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvikramreddy92
0 Replies
rpc(n)                                                           Tnm Tcl Extension                                                          rpc(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
rpc - A simple RPC protocol for Tcl applications. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
RPC COMMAND
rpc server port Set up an RPC server listening an port port. This command returns a rpc handle that be used to register Tcl procs that will be exported by a trivial RPC protocol on top of TCP. This RPC mechanism allows us to write cooperating scripts without worrying much about the communication protocol. rpc client host port Connect to the RPC server running on host with port port. The returned client handle can be used to invoke an exported proc on the server host. rpc delete handle Delete a server or a client RPC handle. All connections associated with the handle will be closed. rpc register rpchandle proc Export proc as an RPC callable proc using the server handle rpchandle. Only registered procs can be called by RPC clients. rpc unregister rpchandle proc Remove proc from the list of exported procs on server handle rpchandle. rpc info [rpchandle] Calling rpc info without any arguments returns a list of all rpc handles that have been created using the rpc server and rpc client command. Info about a specific rpc file handle rpchandle is returned by using the optional argument. The result is a list contain- ing the tcp file handle used for the communication and the list of registered commands for a rpc handle and a list of all files that represent connections to an rpc server. This list is empty if rpchandle belongs to a rpc client. rpc# [-async] proc arg1 arg2 ... To invoke a remote procedure proc, use the same syntax as used with a local invocation preceeded by a client rpchandle. The result of the remote procedure call will be returned or an error if the underlying communication channel signals errors. The -async options can be used to invoke proc without waiting for it to complete. The async option will never return a result. SEE ALSO
scotty(1), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm rpc(n)