Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Installing OpenSolaris 2008.05 as a guest in VirtualBox Post 302266511 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 11:40:03 AM
Old 12-10-2008
Installing OpenSolaris 2008.05 as a guest in VirtualBox

This blog describes the process for installing OpenSolaris 2008.05 into a VirtualBox VM on a Mac. The host is Mac OS X (10.5.3) with 2G RAM.

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

OpenSolaris on VirtualBox

I've just installed VirtualBox on my PC and installed OpenSolaris as a virtual machine within it. The PC connects to the internet via a router and uses DHCP to get its IP address. How do I configure the OpenSolaris virtual machine to use the same DHCP server so I can connect it to the net. At the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions regarding OpenSolaris, VirtualBox, and UNIX

I'm sorry for the vague title, but I am a complete newbie to UNIX and whatnot. I literally just tried to learn it 3 hours ago so please bear with me. I'll just try and start from the top. I downloaded VirtualBox and used that to open OpenSolaris. As far as I can tell, it is working fine, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlay2
2 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Virtualbox guest as a firewall for lUbuntu host

Using virtualbox, I am trying to use Alpine linux (guest) as a firewall for my lubuntu (host). My physical network card (NIC) is eth0. ISP WAN -> Alpine linux (guest) -> lubuntu (host) LAN I am trying to get the ip from my ISP DHCP server but I had no success. I know that in virtualbox I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrickySecurity
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Oracle VirtualBox Guest Additions installation help

Good day I recently attempted to to install Vbox Guest additions on CentOS 7.(Running on Windows 7 ) The packages downloaded fine . However when attempting to run the installer on CentOS 7 for vboxadditions_5.1.28_117968 , I received an error message written to ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
0 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)