Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ? Post 302266414 by Mayank Shah on Wednesday 10th of December 2008 06:03:06 AM
Old 12-10-2008
Run diag ->
Go to task selection -> log repair action -> select resource which has generate the event

Press F7 to commit the log repair action.

After few seconds the Orange LED will be off.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Light *nix system for 133 mhz?

I have an old pc, about 133-200 mhz with very little memory and hard-drive. I want to install a small and fast *nix system with ion or some other simple wm for maximal performance. It's supposed to be used as a desktop. If someone could share their experience with older machines and some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
2 Replies

2. AIX

Turn off attention LED ( P275)

How can I turn off the attention led (amber led)??. My machine is a P275 with AIX 5.2. Thanks for your time. Reinaldo F. Dias Unix Support Analyst PLM & Engineering T-Systems do Brasil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reinaldo Dias
2 Replies

3. AIX

system ,machine id , model name Explain ?

hi every body i am new in aix environment and i want to understand some keywords plz any one who can explain it to me uname -u Display system id number uname -M Displays the system model name uname -m Displays the machine ID number what is the machine id is this for the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the system model in linux?

is there any way to check what model and made is the linux box from command line like - it is virtual server or is it a physical manchine then what made it is (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

5. AIX

Determine power family of p system from the model #.

Folks, Again a very silly question :D Could someone tell me, how to determine the power family(540, 520, 575, 595 etc) just by looking into the model # info from prtconf/lsconf o/p of the lpar? I dont want run a search on any search engine to find out the power family or hit IBM website to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

6. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies
rctladm(1M)                                                                                                                            rctladm(1M)

NAME
rctladm - display or modify global state of system resource controls SYNOPSIS
rctladm [-lu] [-e action] [-d action] [name...] The rctladm command allows the examination and modification of active resource controls on the running system. An instance of a resource control is referred to as an rctl. See setrctl(2) for a description of an rctl; see resource_controls(5) for a list of the rctls supported in the current release of the Solaris operating system. Logging of rctl violations can be activated or deactivated system-wide and active rctls (and their state) can be listed. The following options are supported: -d action Disable (-d) or enable (-e) the global action on the specified rctls. If no rctl is specified, no action is taken and an -e action error status is returned. You can use the special token all with the disable option to deactivate all global actions on a resource control. You can set the syslog action to a specific degree by assigning a severity level. To do this, specify syslog=level, where level is one of the string tokens given as valid severity levels in syslog(3C). You can omit the common LOG_ prefix on the severity level. -l List available rctls with event status. This option displays the global event actions available for each rctl and the action name used with the enable (-e) and disable (-d) options. The global flag values for the control are also displayed. If one or more name operands are specified, only those rctls matching the given names is displayed. This is the default action if no options are specified. -u Configure resource controls based on the contents of /etc/rctladm.conf. Any name operands are ignored. The following operands are supported: name The name of the rctl to operate on. Multiple rctl names may be specified. If no names are specified, and the list action has been specified, then all rctls are listed. If the enable or disable action is specified, one or more rctl names must be specified. Example 1: Activating System Logging for Specific Violations The following command activates system logging of all violations of task.max-lwps. # rctladm -e syslog task.max-lwps # Example 2: Examining the Current Status of a Specific Resource The following command examines the current status of the task.max-lwps resource. $ rctladm -l task.max-lwps task.max-lwps syslog=DEBUG $ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 A fatal error occurred. A message is written to standard error to indicate each resource control for which the operation failed. The operation was successful for any other resource controls specified as operands. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. /etc/rctladm.conf Each time rctladm is executed, it updates the contents of rctladm.conf with the current configuration. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ setrctl(2), getrctl(2), prctl(1), rctlblk_get_global_flags(3C), rctlblk_get_global_action(3C), attributes(5), resource_controls(5) By default, there is no global logging of rctl violations. 1 Oct 2004 rctladm(1M)