Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: qfe errors and network cards
Operating Systems Solaris qfe errors and network cards Post 302266192 by Krrishv on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 04:58:52 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Question.

Thanks for the reply.But i dont think so u r answering my question.

1) I dont want how to configure.. I want to know the logic behind two network cards..
2) About the qfe errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix and Two Network Cards

Our shops server runs SCO Openserver 5 release 5. It has two network cards in it (one on 10.0.0.6 and one on 90.0.0.99). When I run scoadmin and look at the network settings it show both my 3com network cards and a loop back driver http://theentertainer.com/james/untitled.jpg Can anyone tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: potter
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Disable Network cards under boot Prom

Hi, I'm looking for a command to be able to disable a network card under the boot PROM. I need it to force my Jumpstart to use the Ethernet card of my server (V880) instead of my fiber card (gem0). Thanks, Fabien (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
6 Replies

3. Solaris

How to List all Network cards

Hi, I'm looking for a command to be able to list all my network cards available on my server. With the command "ifconfig - a", I can only see to configured network card(s) Any idea ? :confused: Thanks a lot for your help, Fabien (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. AIX

Load balancing across network cards

The title speaks for itself. I have never attempted this but understand there is a way to use two network cards (en0 and en1) with the same IP address so as to load balance the traffic flow through both cards. Anyone know the answer? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Network interface Qfe, ce, bge ...

Hi again, Does somebody have somewhere a spreadsheet to know the link with network interface and card models ? Ce = Copper ? Bge = Fiber Gigaswift ? etc ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find network cards available ...

Hi all, I have a server running with Solaris and I have 2 Pci cards installed on this server (since a while), 1 with 4 coppers connections output and one with a Fiber network connection output. Today, this server is using the on board network connection (Ce0). How can I find the other... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Network cards - Routing

Hi all I hate networking, I hate everything to do with it. Its something I do in anger in one contract, then forget. This is more of a question / than a problem. So, on a solaris 10 server, using older qfe cards, Ive got a sun truck with 4 nics (qfe0,3,4,7), and a ipmp pair (hemo0,qfe1).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Slackware 13.1 can't configure two network cards

Hello everybody, I'm having troubles with Slackware 13.1 and network cards. I have one on-board Ethernet card (which is recognized and works okay) and a PCI Ethernet card (which is also recognized, but doesn't appear in 'ifconfig -a'). If i run a 'lspci', i can see the kernel recognized the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
5 Replies

9. AIX

Network related errors

Hi How to check if my AIX server has any network related errors ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Server with 2 ethernet cards IP on seperate network. Possible?

Hi All, I have just setup a webserver running on a linux box. This server has 2 ethernet cards and only 1 is in used now. eg. 192.168.10.1 is my server IP. All users from 192.168.10.X can access my webserver. However, users from another LAN 10.10.10.X are not able to access my webserver. They... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackma
0 Replies
PLYMOUTH(1)							   User Commands						       PLYMOUTH(1)

NAME
plymouth - Send commands to plymouthd SYNOPSIS
plymouth [OPTION...] plymouth COMMAND [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouth sends commands to a running plymouthd. This is used during the boot process to control the display of the graphical boot splash. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. These options are supported for compatibility with the old rhgb-client interface, and have been replaced by the commands that are described in the next section. --help Show summary of options. --debug Enable verbose debug logging. --get-splash-plugin-path Get directory where splash plugins are installed. --newroot=[STRING] Tell plymouthd that the new root filesystem is mounted. --quit Tell plymouthd to quit. --ping Check if plymouthd is running. --has-active-vt Check if plymouthd has an active vt. --sysinit Tell plymouthd root filesystem is mounted read-write. --show-splash Show the splash screen. --hide-splash Hide the splash screen. --ask-for-password Ask the user for a password. --ignore-keystroke=[STRING] Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --update=[STRING] Tell plymouthd an update about boot progress. --details Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. --wait Wait for plymouthd to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: change-mode OPTION Change the operation mode. --boot-up Start the system up --shutdown Shutting the system up --updates Applying updates system-update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot progress. --progress=INTEGER The percentage progress of the updates update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot status changes. --status=STRING Tell plymouthd the current boot status update-root-fs OPTION Tell plymouthd about root filesystem changes. --new-root-dir=STRING Root filesystem is about to change --read-write Root filesystem is no longer read-only show-splash Tell plymouthd to show splash screen. hide-splash Tell plymouthd to hide splash screen. ask-for-password OPTION Ask the user for a password. --command=STRING Command to send password to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking for password --number-of-tries=INTEGER Number of times to ask before giving up (requires --command) --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking ask-question Ask the user a question. --command=STRING Command to send the answer to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking the question --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking display-message OPTION Display a message. --text=STRING The message text hide-message OPTION Hide a message. --text=STRING The message text watch-keystroke OPTION Become sensitive to a keystroke. --command=STRING Command to send keystroke to via standard input --keys=STRING Keys to become sensitive to ignore-keystroke OPTION Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --keys=STRING Keys to remove sensitivitiy from pause-progress Pause boot progress bar. unpause-progress Unpause boot progress bar. report-error Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. deactivate Tell plymouthd to deactivate. reactivate Tell plymouthd to reactivate. quit OPTION Tell plymouthd to quit. --retain-splash Don't explicitly hide boot splash on exit SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouthd(8), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTH(1)