Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to : Identify changes made with root ? Post 302266177 by joeyg on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 04:28:09 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Question Changes to?

files?
printers?
net config?

what?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitor changes made by root

Is there any way in Solaris 9 to monitor changes made to user accounts by root? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptarg
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Help - Made a serious admin error

Hello, I am a newbie to Unix administration (specifically Solaris 9). I have everything setup properly for auditing but I neglected to realize I needed to start a new logfile each week. Thus the one logfile grew to about 2.5GB before the auditreduce command could no longer process the file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtbates
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify root like user.

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is any way , in which a user could be identified. I need to diffrenciate between a root user and a root like user. Thanks! nua7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the changes made to file in vi

Hi, I use vi editor in Unix. Is there any way if we can know that what change was made to the file opened in vi before quitting? As i opened a huge file made some changes yesterday and didnt save it. Today when i was quitting the vi , i came to know that some changes are made(as i got... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to check changes made in last few weeks?

Hi, I want to know what changes were made to my AIX system in last few weeks/months. Is there any command that I can use for this? I am facing a problem wherein my program which are built few weeks back runs fine but if I build the same program now, it doesn't run as expected. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New user to own files made by root?

Hi, when I installed debian 8, all files are created and owned by root, when I add new user, for example marco, he can't create directory or change files created by root. I tried with ftp, permission denied. so, I am interested how to grant to user marco ownership of all files in the system so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanford
5 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Fix a change I made

I made a change in either my my User Control Panel or Miscelleneous. I may have switched to a mobile format. This is what I do NOT want. Dropbox - NotWhatIWant.png This is how I would like to returned to. Dropbox - WhatIWant.png (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
lpq(1B) 					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						   lpq(1B)

NAME
lpq - display the content of a print queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lpq [-P destination] [-l] [ + [interval]] [ request-ID...] [user...] DESCRIPTION
The lpq utility displays the information about the contents of a print queue. A print queue is comprised of print requests that are waiting in the process of being printed. lpq displays the following information to the standard output: o the username of the person associated with a print request, o the position of a print request in the print queue, o the name of file or files comprising a print request, o the job number of a print request, and o the size of the file requested by a print request. File size is reported in bytes. Normally, only as much information as will fit on one line is displayed. If the name of the input file associated with a print request is not available, the input file field indicates the standard input. The print client commands locate destination information using the printers database in the name service switch. See nsswitch.conf(4), printers(4), and printers.conf(4) for details. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -P destination Displays information about printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)) . Specify destination using atomic or POSIX-style (server:destination) names. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names and standards(5) for information regarding POSIX. -l Displays information in long format. Long format includes the name of the host from which a print request originated in the display. + [interval] Displays information at specific time intervals. Stops displaying information when the print queue is empty. Clears the screen before reporting displaying the print queue. Specify interval as the number of seconds between displays. If inter- val is not specified only executes once. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: request-ID The job number associated with a print request. user The name of the user about whose jobs lpq reports information. Specify user as a valid username. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/print/[cd]f* Spooling directory and request files for jobs awaiting transfer. /var/spool/lp/* LP print queue $HOME/.printers User-configurable printer database /etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database printers.conf.byname NIS version of /etc/printers.conf printers.org_dir NIS+ version of /etc/printers.conf ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscplp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpc(1B), lpr(1B), lprm(1B), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), nsswitch.conf(4), printers(4), printers.conf(4), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 23 May 2003 lpq(1B)