Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script with date parameter Post 302266127 by vinayrao on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 02:27:21 PM
Old 12-09-2008
date parameter format

The date parameter is something like this

'20050101',20080101.
Irrespective of the date is correct or not we take the date with an intreval of 3 years.But that is the date format like

"yyyymmdd".
Please suggest me something

thanks,
Vinay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter file for a shell script

Hi I was able to pass parameters to a shell script from the command line but now, I am trying to make the shell script to get those parameters/values from a file. Please give me ideas how to do this or if you have an example or website that shows how to do this. I tried searches but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script with input parameter

Can anyone help me how to write a shell script which accepts input parameter. My requirement is as follows: I need to run a shell script with a input parameter, and inside the script i will create a file with this input parameter name. Please help me out to create such a shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Date as parameter with sh script

Hi I need to pass a date argument with my shell script. Can any one send me code for the same. eg For 15th Aug 2006. Iwant to pass parameter like this ./startenv.sh 08/15/2006. Everyday date argument must change. Will the below code work ? ./startenv.sh date '+%m/%d/%y' THanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing parameter in shell script

I have a script file as below named test1.sh sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$1/g' template1.asp > template1.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$2/g' template2.asp > template2.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$3/g' template3.asp > template3.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$4/g' template4.asp > template4.txt I want to replace $1 with a,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing the date depending on the Counter (parameter) passed to the script

Hello Everyone, I have been trying to complete a shell script where, I need to increment the date depending on the file (depending on the date) availability on the remote server. i.e. Basically, I will be passing a counter (like parameter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4). First I will check for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Parameter

Hi I have two shell script, the second script takes as a parameter the output variable of the first script, please how to retrieve the variable from the first script to pass as a parameter to the second script? Script1.sh i=0 i=$(($i + 1)) Script2.sh echo $1 Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to pass shell script parameter value to awk command in side the same script

Variable I have in my shell script diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk -F'~' ''$2 == "$id"' {print $0}' > $new I could see value of $id is not passing to the awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing shell script parameter value to awk command in side the script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sarita Behera
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD