Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Load of Unix server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Load of Unix server Post 302265705 by zaxxon on Monday 8th of December 2008 09:15:43 AM
Old 12-08-2008
Which details? Which OS?

Else use vmstat, sar, iostat, ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server load (Unix/Linux, Redhat, CPanel)

Hello, I'm facing a big problem with my hosting server (Dual Xeon 2.4GHz), I'm having a load in the CPU usage and the memory (maybe it's related) ALSO mySQL: Server Load 5.34 (2 cpus) (to 22 sometime) Memory Used 68.4 % (to 70% sometime) When I go to 'CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage' I found: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kh@lid
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Checking Server work load

Hey guys, I was task to look at a couple DNS servers for a co worker, Now they are running Solaris 2.6 on some Ultra 10 systems. How can I check the kind of load these systems are taking, I know that I can look at the network size and how many zones these servers are SOA of, but I looking in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

4. Linux

down load file from unix server to Windows machine.

I need to download a script from Unix box to my PC. I don't have FTP installed on that machine and I am not able to connect to the server using ftp <Server Name>. I am not supposed to install any software on the server but still need to download the file. Heard that we have a secured ftp option... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

server load tracking

I have written a script which checks server load and emails me. I am running into the error: ./load_alert.sh: line 8: ; then printf "WARNING - cpu load high in xyz server" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmurali
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

LSF Server: could not load license

Hi All, Please help me to solve the problem when i submit a job on the client: #bsub -q normal -(blah blah....) I got the error messages: #batch system daemon not responding ... still trying #batch system daemon not responding ... still trying #batch system daemon not responding ... still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teppyvn
0 Replies

7. Solaris

CPU load -12.50 in server.

Friends I have noticed that the Sun Fire v490 server with Solaris9 OS in my office, is showing a load of 12.50 during peak time and the CPU showing a max of 75% and an average of 60%. The Application running in this machine hung last month(For reasons unknown) and is running fine after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

8. Linux

Server Load balancer

Hello Guys, Hope you all doing well . :) I was checking load balance command (uptime)on VM server and got below output. # uptime 07:08:40 up 52 min, 2 users,a load average: 0.45, 0.11, 0.03 A :How we can calculate load average? Thank you in advance !! Cheers:) Dont forget... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nats
1 Replies
SA2(8)								Linux User's Manual							    SA2(8)

NAME
sa2 - Write a daily report in the /var/log/sa directory. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa2 DESCRIPTION
The sa2 command is a shell procedure variant of the sar command which writes a daily report in the /var/log/sa/sardd file, where the dd parameter indicates the current day. The sa2 command handles all of the flags and parameters of the sar command. The sa2 command is designed to be started automatically by the cron command. EXAMPLES
To run the sa2 command daily, place the following entry in your root or adm crontab file: 5 19 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A & This will generate a daily report called /var/log/sa/sardd It will also remove reports more than one week old. FILES
/var/log/sa/sardd Indicate the daily report file, where the dd parameter is a number representing the day of the month. AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard <sebastien.godard@wanadoo.fr> SEE ALSO
sar(1), sadc(8), sa1(8), mpstat(1), iostat(1), vmstat(8) http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux DECEMBER 1999 SA2(8)