Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX converting PDF to PS
Operating Systems AIX AIX converting PDF to PS Post 302265699 by zaxxon on Monday 8th of December 2008 08:55:28 AM
Old 12-08-2008
I used Google like you already did and got about 531.000 hits when using "aix print pdf". The first was:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246018.pdf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting PDF to text, rtf doc format

Hi all Is there any program which can convert PDF to word processor file ? If the PDF has smart quotes, bullet icons, copyright and trademark symbols, etc. what happens to them intext format? So ideally would like to conver into rtf or doc. Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting ps file to pdf

I have a number of post script files (*.ps) which I need to convert into Pdf. I am using the ps2pdf command for this, but the trouble is that this commands takes only one input at a time. So the command ps2pdf *.ps doesnt work. how can I make a script which will take each .ps file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasjot31
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting multiple latex files to pdf

Hi everybody! This is my first post. I am a student and I'm familiarizing myself with linux. I have lots of directories each containing file called "zadaci.latex". I want to convert them to pdf's and rename them to <directory_name>.pdf. I read alot on this forum and came up with this script:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Element9
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting LATEX PDF to WORD document

Hi there, is it possible to convert pdf files to Word with some free :p software or with some trick??? Now I'm working with LATEX and I can get pdf format but I would like to get .rtf or .doc files too:rolleyes:. Lately I found something like that, but it wasn't free. Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for converting a pdf to book format

Hello, excuse my English... I'm trying to do a nautilus-script to transform a normal A4 pdf to another pdf with book format, ready to be printed (double sided). I mean, the script put pages in order and also put 2 pages per horizontal A4 page (p.e.: a pdf with 8 pages would look like: 8-1, 2-7,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dokan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for converting a pdf to book format: an update

With reference to , the script posted by dokan fails via a Bash syntax error because my version of pdftk 1.41 has multiple lines matching to "Num", which are stored in the TOTAL variable. If we modify the first non-ignored line of the script from # Original TOTAL=$( pdftk "$1" dump_data output |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aldebrn
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript error while converting PDF to Postscript

Hi, I have been using Ghostscript to convert PDF to Postscript (PS) file. GS version : 8.15.2. GS command used is : gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pswrite -sOutputFile=output1.ps input1.pdf File format conversion to PS is success in majority of the cases but some PDF files are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeveejey
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting pdf to jpg in multiple directories?

Hi! On my Ubuntu I have thousands of files in a couple hundred directories. I'm trying to convert the pdf's to jpg's. I used this command in terminal: for fname in *.pdf; do convert $fname ${fname%.pdf}.jpg; doneIt works great but the problem is I have to run this in terminal for each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed is a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12 or ps2pdf13, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.63. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 8.63 1 August 2008 PS2PDF(1)