Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check SMB-Connections (Resources in use?) Post 302265652 by inoxx on Monday 8th of December 2008 05:37:48 AM
Old 12-08-2008
Thank you

Hello zaxxon,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I found out that the command smbstatus will give information about opended connections and used files (LOCK).

I think this is the right way. But the output of smbstatus is not what I prefer. An output like this would be nice:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP                      RESOURCE                                TIME
192.168.1.40       /data/share/presentation.pps       connected since 10m
192.168.1.52       /data/share/text.txt                   connected since 2m
192.168.1.60       /data/share/movies/sample.mov   connected since 1h
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this topic should be moved in Shell Programming and Scripting.

Hope anyone can help me. :-)

Thanks again and best regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check resources

Hi all I would like to check my production machine and find out which application is using up the resources of the Unix machine, is there a way to display individual applications that are running and the percentage of resources they are taking up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba - smb files

I found this tutorial "Setting Samba in 10 min". It says there that command "/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start or stop, or /sbin/service/smb restart should do this functions. But this doesn't work for me. Wrong dir. I don't even have "rc.d" dir. Where should I look for this samba files? In samba dir all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smb.conf question

Folks; I know this might sounds stupid, but please help with this: I have share in my smb.conf on my SUSE 10 box. How can i make this share accessible to outside IP range or a specific IP address without need for user/pass? Here's the share as it's written in smb.conf: ; ;comment =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a Port is accepting connections.

Hi, I need to create a script which checks the availability of a particular service on a particular Port on HP-Unix. Is there any command in unix wherein we can check if any port is accepting the connections now. Thanks, Vihang. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Terrible SMB performance!?

Hi, I tried this question on OTN Discussion Forum, but it seems that forum doesn't have as much activity so I thought I'd try here. I have a big performance problem with Samba server on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11 svn_151a, and a freshly created ZFS pool. I'm getting about 3 to 10 MB/s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublemeat
2 Replies

6. SCO

sco visionfs vs smb

i need to copy the entire contents of my sco server 5.0.5 it says its running vision fs 2.01.905 if i access it from windows i would like to be able to access it like a normal file share instead of only thru an ftp service i cannot find vison software on the server /usr/vision does not exist ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crosbymook
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SMB + Windows sharing

Hi guys I need to create one directory on my Solaris 11 box and then share that directory on my LAN. I have only one disk of 500 GB which is more than enough for my needs. I read SMB guide for Solaris and there is no guide how to achive share only on one directory, it has only tutorials for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

check system resources (VPS) to see if match what I paid?

-bash-3.2$ cat /etc/redhat-release CentOS release 5.8 (Final) Hello, Our company recently paid a hosting company (who shall remain nameless) with certain service guarantees. Is there a simple way to list the CPU speed, RAM, Disk Space etc. It is supposed to be; 25GB Disk Space, 500GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 - smb with AD

Hello I used the following procedure in S11.1, everything worked. As we reinstalled some servers, i tried the exact same with s11.2. Now i can't join my AD domain, and smb will not allow my users to access files. Procedure: Configured NTP Configured DNS Configured Name Service Switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: embedded
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smb.conf config help

So what i am trying to accomplish is the following: a share that is browse-able by every one on the network with a group of people that can write to it with out ownership problems. I am extremely new to samba/linux and any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a stand alone server running samba... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcs
3 Replies
NOS-TUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NOS-TUN(8)

NAME
nos-tun -- implement ``nos'' or ``ka9q'' style IP over IP tunnel SYNOPSIS
nos-tun -t tunnel -s source -d destination -p protocol_number [source] target DESCRIPTION
The nos-tun utility is used to establish an nos style tunnel, (also known as ka9q or IP-IP tunnel) using a tun(4) kernel interface. Tunnel is the name of the tunnel device /dev/tun0 for example. Source and destination are the addresses used on the tunnel device. If you configure the tunnel against a cisco router, use a netmask of ``255.255.255.252'' on the cisco. This is because the tunnel is a point-to-point interface in the FreeBSD end, a concept cisco does not really implement. Protocol number sets tunnel mode. Original KA9Q NOS uses 94 but many people use 4 on the worldwide backbone of ampr.org. Target is the address of the remote tunnel device, this must match the source address set on the remote end. EXAMPLES
This end, a FreeBSD box on address 192.168.59.34: nos-tun -t /dev/tun0 -s 192.168.61.1 -d 192.168.61.2 192.168.56.45 Remote cisco on address 192.168.56.45: interface tunnel 0 ip address 192.168.61.2 255.255.255.252 tunnel mode nos tunnel destination 192.168.59.34 tunnel source 192.168.56.45 AUTHORS
Nickolay N. Dudorov <nnd@itfs.nsk.su> wrote the program, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org> wrote the man-page. Isao SEKI <iseki@gongon.com> added a new flag, IP protocol number. BUGS
We do not allow for setting our source address for multihomed machines. BSD
April 11, 1998 BSD