Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirect Postgresql Select Query to Variable Post 302265520 by uativan on Sunday 7th of December 2008 08:47:43 PM
Old 12-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoph Spohr
Hi,

declare -a array
array=( $(psql -c "select ip from servers" db | egrep '[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\[0-9]+\[0-9]+' | sed 's/^ *\(.*\) *$/\1/') )

You can access the items in the array with:

Code:
echo ${array[1]}; echo ${array[2]}; ...

or loop through the array:

Code:
for i in ${array[@]}; do echo $i; done

Note: You don't need grep. Sed could do this, too.

HTH Chris
Thanks Chris

Could you tell me how to use sed only?

I tried the sed command but still not success.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help (Select query)

Dear All, This may sound a simple query but a non technical person like me is not able to do it, So please help me out. I m using Unix... isql I jst wanted to do something like following select * from xyz where ID= xxxxxxxx (8 digit ID) Here if i put single 8 digit ID then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topgear1000cc
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Query o/p to variable

Hi, I wanted to o/p the number of rows in a table to a variable in linux. How can i achieve this. I wrote the query and its settings like feedback, pagesize line size in a file and using this file as a parameter to the sqlplus command. now can i redirect the o/p of that query to a variable.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect value from sql select statment to unix variable

Hi, I need to get the value from the table using the sql command and store this value into the unix variable so that i can use this value for furthure use.. Please can any body help me in this regards Thanks & Regards Abdul Hafeez Shaik (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulhafeez
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to - redirect query results to a variable

How can I send the results of a query to a unix variable. I basically want to run a query then do some logic on the results. Trying to redirect the result into a variable I define in the script. select count(*) as counter from table - nut to redirect the "count" returned from the query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstone
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)