Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed/awk help to match list of patterns and remove from org file Post 302265366 by rajan_san on Saturday 6th of December 2008 10:51:24 PM
Old 12-06-2008
sed/awk help to match list of patterns and remove from org file

Hi,

From the pattern mentioned below remove lines based on pattern range.

Conditions

1 Look For all lines starting with ALTER TABLE and Ending with ; and contains the word MOVE.I wanto to remove these lines from the file sample below.

Note : The above pattern list could be found in a single line or in multiple lines.That is the first line may have Begin pattern that is ALTER TABLE and 10th line may have the end pattern that is ";" within this start and end range if it contains the word MOVE then i want the command to remove all the lines found between ALTER TABLE and ";". I have been trying this for 8 hrs now any help is appreciated.

Sample File

ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID MONITORING;
ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID STORAGE ( NEXT 3464K );
Prompt Table DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID;
ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID
MOVE LOB (MESSAGE)
STORE AS (
TABLESPACE CLEAN_DATA1
STORAGE (
INITIAL 256K
NEXT 1384K
MINEXTENTS 1
MAXEXTENTS 505
PCTINCREASE 1
FREELISTS 1
FREELIST GROUPS 1
BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT
));
ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID
MODIFY LOB (MESSAGE)
(
PCTVERSION 10
);

REVOKE EXECUTE ON DQZ.DQZ_FORMS_VALIDATEX FROM CLEANDATAVNDR;
REVOKE EXECUTE ON DQZ.DQZ_FORMS_REQUIREDX FROM CLEANDATAVNDR;

Thanks and kind regards,
Rajan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing file lines that each match to a different patterns

I have a very large file (10,000,000 lines), that contains a sample id and a property of that sample. I have another file that contains around 1,000,000 lines with sample ids that I want to remove from the original file (create a new file without these lines). I know how to do this in Perl, but it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jo_puzzled
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve lines that match any occurence in a list of patterns

I have two files. The first containing a header and six columns of data. Example file 1: Number SNP ID dbSNP RS ID Chromosome Result_Call Physical Position 787066 SNP_A-8575395 RS6650104 1 NOCALL 564477 786872 SNP_A-8575125 RS10458597 1 AA ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selftaught
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-sed help : to remove first and last line with pattern match:

awk , sed Experts, I want to remove first and last line after pattern match "vg" : I am trying : # sed '1d;$d' works fine , but where the last line is not having vg entry it is deleting one line of data. - So it should check for the pattern vg if present , then it should delete the line ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the first match only in a file using sed

I'm trying to remove the first match only of 2Z694 from an xml file and replace with a blank File Example: </Phoenix_Response_Data> <Bundle_Name_Primary>2Z694</Bundle_Name_Primary> <Bundle_Name>2Z694</Bundle_Name> </Phoenix_Response_Data> tried using: sed -e 's/'2Z694'/''/1' but this... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match patterns from another file and tag

Hi all, I have a file , which has 6 tab delimited fields, with $3 and $4 subfielded with spaces. I wamt to match cols $2,$3,$4 of tmp1 with tmp2, ..and then flag the 5th col if found. tmp1 1756 Xerm XermA XermB XermC XermD AA TT AA GG A 1 1763 Xerm XermA XermB XermC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns sequentially in order - grep or awk

Hello. grep v2.21 Debian 8 I wish to search for and output these patterns in order; "From " "To: " "Subject: " "Message-Id: " "Date: " "To: " grep works, but not in strict order... $ grep -a -E "^From |^Subject:|^From: |^Message-Id: |^Date: |^To: " InboxResult; From - Wed Feb 18... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSommers
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to remove lines from file that match text

I am trying to remove each line in which $2 is FP or RFP. I believe the below will remove one instance but not both. Thank you :). file 12 123 FP 11 10 RFP awk awk -F'\t' ' $2 != "FP"' file desired output 12 11 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands ALTER TABLESPACE(7) NAME
ALTER TABLESPACE - change the definition of a tablespace SYNOPSIS
ALTER TABLESPACE name RENAME TO newname ALTER TABLESPACE name OWNER TO newowner DESCRIPTION
ALTER TABLESPACE changes the definition of a tablespace. You must own the tablespace to use ALTER TABLESPACE. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role. (Note that superusers have these privileges automatically.) PARAMETERS
name The name of an existing tablespace. newname The new name of the tablespace. The new name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. newowner The new owner of the tablespace. EXAMPLES
Rename tablespace index_space to fast_raid: ALTER TABLESPACE index_space RENAME TO fast_raid; Change the owner of tablespace index_space: ALTER TABLESPACE index_space OWNER TO mary; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER TABLESPACE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER TABLESPACE(7)