Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setenv.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users setenv. Post 302265288 by max_475 on Saturday 6th of December 2008 11:44:52 AM
Old 12-06-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by npatwardhan
what if you invoke your script with a "source scriptname" ?
you mean running
Code:
VAR=$( ...)

in seperate script ?
it dosn't work Smilie

Last edited by max_475; 12-06-2008 at 01:09 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setenv Question

I want to add paths to a CLASSPATH variable but if I use the : setenv CLASSPATH /opt all previous entries are erased. How do I append additional entries to a system variable without overwriting the original value. Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set, setenv

Well first of all I am a real Unix newbie. I am taking a course on it in University. I kind of understand set and setenv but, I think it si something that I should really understand. So I thought that I would try a forum out and see how good you guys really are. The question: Execute the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w6u6f
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What 's setenv?

Hi Is someone know about "setenv"? where can i find out this one? Regards Myoe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myoeminn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I set permanent setenv !!!

Hello, I just want to know ow I can set permanent pathes or whatever using setenv command. I'm using c shell . regards, me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoquest
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

setenv in script

Is it possible to set environement variable in a script (for example, perl script) so that the variable will be set after exiting the script - in a father shell. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kosta_mirkin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between EXPORT and setenv

Hi, Is there any difference between setting an environment variable by EXPORT and by setenv? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexkid
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

setenv error

I am having the following environment setup script. $cat dbenv.sh #! /bin/csh # set history=32 stty sane setenv ORACLE_HOME=/dboracle/orabase/product/10.1.0.3 set ORACLE_BASE=/dboracle/orabase set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats setenv in unix

Hi whats the setenv command in unix..?? i have set the oracle_home path as aa.ii.1 in kron_settings and mentioned setenv oracle_path as aa.ii.2 in user settings. Does this make any changes made to the path name of the oracle_home when i run a scripts in unix..???:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

9. Solaris

setenv: cannot add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi all! I need to add new environment variable. e.g. # setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/ucblib:" # I check:# env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ucblib: After rebooting I don't see this variable. Why don't save this variable? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cshell setenv: Too many arguments.

i have in c-shell set value_str ="one three" set line_seprator = "," set value_and_sperator = "$value_str$line_seprator" setenv STRING_CONCAT $STRING_CONCAT$value_and_sperator and im getting error: setenv: Too many arguments. this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n), encoding(n), info(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)