Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting command output and putting into newfile Post 302265186 by wakhan on Friday 5th of December 2008 09:41:17 PM
Old 12-05-2008
Okay is there is someway that i run the command on TICLI "op:alarm,all"
and at the sametime try to grep the output of that command through log file.

The output of the command is something like this:

Code:
     CELL 3 PACKET PIPE (PP) 3
     CELL 3, CDM 1 CBR 3 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1

CELL 4 PACKET PIPE (PP) 1

CELL 5 RECEIVE AMPLIFIER FAILURE 4
     CELL 5 RECEIVE AMPLIFIER FAILURE 6

CELL 6 RECEIVE AMPLIFIER FAILURE 2

CELL 7 TIME FREQUENCY UNIT (TFU) 1
     CELL 7 TEST AND DIAGNOSTIC UNIT 2
     CELL 7, CDM 1 PRIMARY SIGNALING LINK
     CELL 7, CDM 1 ALTERNATE SIGNALING LINK
     CELL 7 PACKET PIPE (PP) 2
     CELL 7 PACKET PIPE (PP) 3
     CELL 7 PACKET PIPE (PP) 4
     CELL 7 CDMA RADIO CONTROLLER (CRC) 1
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CDMA BASEBAND RADIO (CBR) 1
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CDMA BASEBAND RADIO (CBR) 2
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CDMA BASEBAND RADIO (CBR) 3
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CBR 1 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CBR 2 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CBR 3 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CBR 1 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 2
     CELL 7, CDM 1 CBR 2 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 2

But it will be little hard to get the exact output as command through log files as log file contain lots of data of others commands too.

What is the possibility and from where i start?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 file to newfile......

Hi all Member i want compare 2 file to newfile I am new to shell script, just wanted you guy to help. example file A CM-00000BN_Oth-VAS-0000392 CM-00000BNSEED_Oth-Spe-0000392 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000806 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000810 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000812 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000814... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed *.csv from file > newfile with /n

I have a an output file with a format: something blah1.csv blah2.csv blah3.csv somethingelse and I'm trying to use sed to pull all the *.csv entries out and put them 1 per line on a new file. I can't quite figure out how to write them to a new file with carriage returns, is there a simple way... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting echo output as input to stat

I have a string with escape differentiators as a result of searching for a file using find. Essentially find returned to my shell variable several absolute paths each ending with the file name and each path/file separated by \n. Echo recognizes the escape sequence and is able to print the paths... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting the Current -date in the Output File

Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I make a script that will perform like this. 1. Execute the command 2. Then the output of the command will be redirected to a file 2. The file that has been created will have a date on it equivalent to the date and time it was created (or maybe after the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help putting output on one line

Good afternoon, I have been searching the web, and these forums for help. I will try my best to explain the issue, and what my desired results are. I am doing queries in MYSQL, and need the output to be sent to a file. That file needs to have things with the same ID on the same line. To... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies
GENLIB(1)                                                 Alliance - genlib User's Manual                                                GENLIB(1)

NAME
genlib - Procedural design language based upon C. DESCRIPTION
genlib is a set of C functions dedicated to procedural generation purposes. From a user point of view, genlib is a circuit's description language that allows standard C programming flow control, variable use, and specialized functions in order to handle vlsi objects. Based upon the Alliance mbk data structures, the genlib language gives the user the ability to describe both netlist and layout views, thus allowing both standard cell and full custom approachs. NETLIST CAPTURE It is a hierachical structural description of a circuit in terms of connectors (I/Os), signals (nets), and instances. The function calls used to handle the netlist view are : o GENLIB_DEF_LOFIG(3) o GENLIB_SAVE_LOFIG(3) o GENLIB_LOINS(3) o GENLIB_LOCON(3) o GENLIB_LOSIG(3) o GENLIB_FLATTEN_LOFIG(3) Some facilities, in order to create vectors are also available : o GENLIB_BUS(3) o GENLIB_ELM(3) STANDARD CELL PLACEMENT The following functions allows to define a placement file for a standard cell design. This file can be used by the standard cell router ocr(1) : o GENLIB_DEF_PHSC(3) o GENLIB_SAVE_PHSC(3) o GENLIB_SC_PLACE(3) o GENLIB_SC_RIGHT(3) o GENLIB_SC_TOP(3) o GENLIB_SC_LEFT(3) o GENLIB_SC_BOTTOM(3) FULL CUSTOM SYMBOLIC LAYOUT Those functions are dedicated to optimized full custom procedural layout. In order to provide some process independance, Alliance uses a symbolic layout approach (fixed grid without compaction). The symbolic objects are segments (wires), vias (contacts), connectors (I/Os), references and instances. For more informations, see phseg(1), phvia(1), phcon(1), phref(1), phins(1) and alc(1). o GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG(3) o GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(3) o GENLIB_DEF_AB(3) o GENLIB_DEF_PHINS(3) o GENLIB_PHCON(3) o GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON(3) o GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON_FACE(3) o GENLIB_COPY_UP_ALL_CON(3) o GENLIB_PHSEG(3) o GENLIB_COPY_UP_SEG(3) o GENLIB_THRU_H(3) o GENLIB_THRU_V(3) o GENLIB_THRU_CON_H(3) o GENLIB_THRU_CON_V(3) o GENLIB_WIRE1(3) o GENLIB_WIRE2(3) o GENLIB_WIRE3(3) o GENLIB_PHVIA(3) o GENLIB_PLACE(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_RIGHT(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_TOP(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_LEFT(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_BOTTOM(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_ON(3) o GENLIB_PHREF(3) o GENLIB_COPY_UP_REF(3) o GENLIB_COPY_UP_ALL_REF(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_VIA_REF(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_CON_REF(3) o GENLIB_PLACE_SEG_REF(3) o GENLIB_FLATTEN_PHFIG(3) o GENLIB_GET_REF_X(3) o GENLIB_GET_REF_Y(3) o GENLIB_GET_CON_X(3) o GENLIB_GET_CON_Y(3) o GENLIB_HEIGHT(3) o GENLIB_WIDTH(3) In order to have information about each of these functions, use the online documentation with man(1), as in man function- name. It is strongly recommended to read some books on C programming, in order to take full advantage of the C flow control possibilities, as it may greatly reduce the size of a genlib source code. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
o MBK_IN_LO(1), default value : al o MBK_OUT_LO(1), default value : al o MBK_IN_PH(1), default value : ap o MBK_OUT_LO(1), default value : ap o MBK_CATA_LIB(1), default value : . o MBK_WORK_LIB(1), default value : . o MBK_CATAL_NAME(1), default value : CATAL See the corresponding manual pages for further informations. In order to compile and execute a genlib file, one has to call genlib with one argument, that is the genlib source file. The source file must have a .c extension, but the extension should not be mentionned on the command line. The names used in genlib, as arguments to genlib functions, should be alphanumerical, including the underscore. They also are not case sen- sitive, so VDD is equivalent to vdd. Vectorized connectors or signal can be declareds using the [n:m] construct. SYNOPSIS
genlib [ -cklmnv ] [ --no-rm-core ] [ --keep-makefile ] [ --keep-exec ] [ --keep-log ] [ --no-exec ] [ --verbose ] program [ -e program_args ] OPTIONS o <program> : the name of the C file containing the genlib program, whitout extention. Mandatory argument. o [--no-rm-core|-c] : in case of core dump, do not remove the generated core file. This option must be used with [--keep-exec|-k]. o [--keep-makefile|-m] : do not erase the generated makefile after execution. o [--keep-exec|-k] : keep the generated executable after the genlib run. o [--keep-log|-l] : do not erase the log file after a successfull completion (the log is keeped after a faulty run). o [--no-exec|-n] : do not run the generated program. Should be used with [--keep-exec|-k]. o [--no-verbose|-v] : self explanatory. o [-e] : all the following arguments are handled to the compiled program. EXAMPLES
Compile and run a file amd2901.c : genlib -v amd2901 SEE ALSO
mbk(1), DIAGNOSTIC
Many errors may occur while executing the source file, so refer to the proper genlib function manual for more. When an error occur, genlib left a log file <program>.grr. As <program>.c is a C program, all syntatic C error can occurs... All genlib functions are listed below alphabetically sorted. ASIM
/LIP6 30 July 2004 GENLIB(1)