Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Find file associated with GUI preference pane Post 302265158 by glev2005 on Friday 5th of December 2008 05:58:41 PM
Old 12-05-2008
Find file associated with GUI preference pane

The flat files associated with the GUI are very useful in scripting, like the DNS section of the network pref pane seems to be a front end for resolv.conf..

but sometimes I cannot seem to find the file associated with the GUI area

so i was wondering what is an easy way to do this? I was thinking to make a change in the preference pane, and then to search for recently modified files. How could I go about doing that?

Also does anyone have any other suggestions for how to go about finding the system files that correspond to the GUI preference panes?

Thanks!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Frustrating but simple preference question

So I am set up on a new box for work here and I have a frustrating preference issue. Whenever I hit backspace, it deletes a whole word instead of a single character. I understand that this is generally the functionality of hitting ctrl-backspace. I tried googling for a solution and dabbled... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasondj
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Editing System Preference in Terminal

Mac OS X 10.6: Leopard - I'm trying to create a script that will run on its own that can edit system preferences. I've done some digging, and found that a lot of system preference options are controlled by .plist files in ~/library/preferences, /library/preferences, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jalaska13
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to find if AIX supports GUI

Hi Everyone I'm preparing for upgrading an application. The application upgrade documents say the following. its AIX 5.3 Server. How do I find if my AIX supports the X11 windowing environment? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

adding second password to preference or an app

Hi I am new to forum and glad I found this place. I have been searching for a way to add a secondary password to a preference pane such as date/time in Unix (Ox10.4.11) or to lock an application which I found a backdoor for access when password is not available. An app I use is a internet... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: botchagalou
9 Replies

6. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tmux - pane current command - help !

Hello Experts ! i have started using tmux recent past . So far so good . while exploring the option , i found an option as I log into terminal where i enabled the tmux , and then i log onto a taxi server and then to my application server. My expectation is when i going aound the paths on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies
XmCreatePopupMenu(library call) 										   XmCreatePopupMenu(library call)

NAME
XmCreatePopupMenu -- A RowColumn widget convenience creation function SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/RowColumn.h> Widget XmCreatePopupMenu( Widget parent, String name, ArgList arglist, Cardinal argcount); DESCRIPTION
XmCreatePopupMenu creates an instance of a RowColumn widget of type XmMENU_POPUP and returns the associated widget ID. When this function is used to create the Popup menu pane, a MenuShell widget is automatically created as the parent of the menu pane. The parent of the MenuShell widget is the widget indicated by the parent parameter. XmCreatePopupMenu is provided as a convenience function for creating RowColumn widgets configured to operate as Popup menu panes and is not implemented as a separate widget class. The PopupMenu is used as the first menu pane within a PopupMenu system; all other menu panes are of the Pulldown type. A Popup menu pane displays a 3-D shadow, unless the feature is disabled by the application. The shadow appears around the edge of the menu pane. The Popup menu pane must be created as the child of a MenuShell widget in order to function properly when it is incorporated into a menu. If the application uses this convenience function for creating a Popup menu pane, the MenuShell is automatically created as the real parent of the menu pane. If the application does not use this convenience function to create the RowColumn to function as a Popup menu pane, it is the application's responsibility to create the MenuShell widget. To access the PopupMenu, the application must first position the widget using the XmMenuPosition function and then manage it using XtMan- ageChild. parent Specifies the parent widget ID name Specifies the name of the created widget arglist Specifies the argument list argcount Specifies the number of attribute/value pairs in the argument list (arglist) Popup menu panes support tear-off capabilities for tear-off menus through XmRowColumn resources. For a complete definition of RowColumn and its associated resources, see XmRowColumn(3). RETURN
Returns the RowColumn widget ID. RELATED
XmCreateSimplePopupMenu(3), XmMenuPosition(3), XmMenuShell(3), XmRowColumn(3), and XmVaCreateSimplePopupMenu(3). XmCreatePopupMenu(library call)