Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Log file not getting populated when using BTEQ Post 302264996 by zsrinathz on Friday 5th of December 2008 10:15:52 AM
Old 12-05-2008
Otheus,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this. I have the login information set up for the script to run, and the scripts actually do run and I do end up getting results.

But the log file never gets populated with the rest of the information.

I have fairly little knowledge of UNIX, so I might have missed out on what you actually meant to say. So if your answer already covers what I said above, can you please explain your answer with a little more detail?

Thanks again,
ZZ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connectivity to Bteq through Perl

I want to connect to bteq using Perl script and i am unaware of how to do this? In Shell script it is very simple, Bteq<<-END .logon ..... ... .quit ... END but what is the syntex for perl? Please help me out . Thanks Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
1 Replies

2. AIX

When/how is $HOSTNAME populated ?

When and how is the variable $HOSTNAME populated ? I am asking because I had a weird situation that just happened. I have created backup scripts that do backups on different servers. Each servers has different folders to be backed up. So I had included a check on $HOSTNAME to find out which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Teradata connectivity through UNIX by use bteq

Hi, I want a script for connecting teradata to load the file to teradata table. Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victory
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter to bteq?

I am using below code to connect terdata and getting the query result in a file.Now i want to use same code for different tables,plz tell me how to pass table name as parameter.i tried using as below code but not working. bteq < /download/viv/dev/ops/Scripts/ter.sh FLTORGTKR_ORG_etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies

6. AIX

Hard Drive stuck in populated state?

Hi all, I ended up replacing a failed disk drive on my power 7. I had a few issues with unmirroring as it had a stale logical volume. I ended up finally getting it to unmirror the rootvg. I had an empty space in slot 3 so I ended up putting the new disk in slot 3. It configured to hdisk0 with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexanderIII
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Using BTEQ with perl to Teradata

Has anyone used either bteq or mload for inserting into a Teradata Database via perl. We're running Red Hat Enterprise 5.7. I've gotten the DBD::ODBC drivers installed and running. I installed the Teradata ICU, TeraGSS and ODBC pkgs. We are using perl to insert data across the network into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: islanderman
1 Replies

8. Web Development

How to get input text boxes populated / perl cgi?

Hi, I know how to populate a combo box or a drop down list box which I do as under : Query that gets the data for the drop down box : $qry = "select \"EmployeeID\" AS empid, \"FirstName\"::text || ' ' ||\"LastName\"::text as name from \"Employees\""; $qq =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write BTEQ batch scripts in UNIX?

Hi All, I need to write Unix shell script. To star with : I need to do some file checking on unix file system, then based on file existance, I need to run diff SQL in Teradata Bteq. After that, depending on Results of SQL, I need to code other shell scripting like moving file, within same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

BTEQ script in Shell Script

Hi Team, I have a requirement where I need to check for table. If exists, drop it else do nothing. For that I written below code. T_NAME="V_"`echo ${PARAM_BASE} | cut -d'_' -f4-` tab_name="UV_"${T_NAME} query_et() { bteq << EOBTQ | grep '^>' | sed -e "s/^>//" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
11 Replies
DPKG::Log::Analyse(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   DPKG::Log::Analyse(3pm)

NAME
DPKG::Log::Analyse - Analyse a dpkg log VERSION
version 1.20 SYNOPSIS
use DPKG::Log; my $analyser = DPKG::Log::Analyse->new('filename' => 'dpkg.log'); $analyser->analyse; DESCRIPTION
This module is used to analyse a dpkg log. METHODS
$analser = DPKG::Log::Analyse->new('filename' => 'dpkg.log') $analyser = DPKG::Log::Analyse->new('log_handle' => $dpkg_log) Returns a new DPKG::Log::Analyse object. Filename parameter can be omitted, it defaults to /var/log/dpkg.log. Its possible to specify an existing DPKG::Log object instead of a filename. This will be used and overrides any filename setting. $analyser->analyse; Analyse the debian package log. $analyser->newly_installed_packages Return all packages which were newly installed in the dpkg.log. $analyser->upgraded_packages Return all packages which were upgraded in the dpkg.log. $analyser->removed_packages Return all packages which were removed in the dpkg.log. $analyser->unpacked_packages Return all packages which are left in state 'unpacked'. $analyser->halfinstalled_packages Return all packages which are left in state 'half-installed'. $analyser->halfconfigured_packages Return all packages which are left in state 'half-configured'. $analyser->installed_and_removed_packages Return all packages which got installed and removed. SEE ALSO
DPKG::Log, DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package AUTHOR
Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org> This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 DPKG::Log::Analyse(3pm)