Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File modification history
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File modification history Post 302264990 by mk1216 on Friday 5th of December 2008 09:56:35 AM
Old 12-05-2008
File modification history

Can anyone please suggest an alternate command for "stat" . I am trying this on Solaris 5.9 , but the command doesn't exist.

Basically i need to see one particalar file modification history. Any help is appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Modification history for Crontab

Hi all - I've searched the forums and seen a few questions related, but nothing which explicitly answers what I'm looking for. I need to know if there's ANY way to get the modification history of any users crontab. Yes, I know that crontabs are in /var/spool/cron. I know that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcq
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to track the modification history on file in unix

How do we track the modification history on a file in UNIX. IS there any command or any script that we could run. Many Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSPDaemon
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Command for checking modification history on file

What is the command for checking modification history on file? ---------- Post updated at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:35 PM ---------- Let me rephrase this. On a regular Unix file can I at least check to see the time and date history modification of the file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi All, I have a file. This file contain huge amount of data. I want to modify this file. I want enter new line when count of "~ character is 79. Please find below the code : cat file_name | tr -d '\n' | sed... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3) 				      Tcl Library Procedures					   Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj - save command on history list before evaluating SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(interp, cmdPtr, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter in which to evaluate command. Tcl_Obj *cmdPtr (in) Points to a Tcl object containing a command (or sequence of commands) to execute. int flags (in) An OR'ed combination of flag bits. TCL_NO_EVAL means record the command but do not evaluate it. TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL means evaluate the command at global level instead of the current stack level. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj is invoked to record a command as an event on the history list and then execute it using Tcl_EvalObjEx (or Tcl_Global- EvalObj if the TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL bit is set in flags). It returns a completion code such as TCL_OK just like Tcl_EvalObjEx, as well as a result object containing additional information (a result value or error message) that can be retrieved using Tcl_GetObjResult. If you do not want the command recorded on the history list then you should invoke Tcl_EvalObjEx instead of Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj. Normally Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj is only called with top-level commands typed by the user, since the purpose of history is to allow the user to re- issue recently invoked commands. If the flags argument contains the TCL_NO_EVAL bit then the command is recorded without being evaluated. SEE ALSO
Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_GetObjResult KEYWORDS
command, event, execute, history, interpreter, object, record Tcl 8.0 Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3)