Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux RHEL 4 upgradation problem Post 302264934 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 07:03:31 AM
Old 12-05-2008
You downloaded the kernel source code, not the kernel itself.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Whether the upgradation of oracle DB needs upgradation of sun solaris also?

Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 in sun solaris 5.9 server. We wnt to upgrade the oracle database to 10.2g. My doubt is that " what are the implications of this database upgradation in sun solaris server" "whether we need to upgrade the sunsolaris 5.9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
3 Replies

2. Linux

Linux kernel upgradation

Hi, I am not able to upgrade the Linux kernel version 2.6.21.5 to 2.6.25. I tried applying the patches available in the Linux site. The patches are not getting applied successfully. I have the linux kernel 2.6.21.5 with some samsung patches on top of it. I want to upgrade that kernel to 2.6.25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojasreejith
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Linux ODBC in RHEL v5.2

I need some help with a project I am working on. I am writing a database application to manage some access lists. While this is for internal use only, the IT infrastructure is US Army managed. This severely limits which software I am allowed to use. I have a RHEL v5.2 server which uses some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenK
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux rhel: on which string did this come from?

Hi Guys, RHEL 4.4 I was reviewing an app failure on one of our hosts and I encountered this entry on syslog: Feb 22 08:54:46 saturn-host rc: Starting start_server_daemon: succeeded there's timestamp, saturn-host is the servername, rc is the linux rc wrapper script, "Starting" is on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 5 installation problem

Hi everyone, I m new here and I have few questions regarding RHEL installation. The story goes like this... I have a PC with the following specifications: 1. ASUS P5N-MX motherboard with on-board GForce 7050/nforce 610i chipset 2. Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor 3. Two SATA HDD(250GB + 160GB)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: willa
4 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

RHEL/Linux Small Monitor

Hi, I'm using RHEL 4.5, and currently due to some special circumstances that required me to use this small monitor about 7" The problem is while using this monitor with windows, the monitor able to show the graphic/view.. but while using redhat it unable to detect. This monitor has no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux (RHEL) and ports...

Hi, One of our applications running on RHEL is not working as expected - the application supplier has advised that a port is not allowing the correct traffic. I know the port is open for incoming connections (checked with nmap and telnet) however is there a way I check the port is open for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server Hang in Linux RHEL 5.5

Dear All , One of our Oracle Database Server , which got hanged a couple of days before , so that we could not login to the Server , but it was pinging. So we tried various options and at last we did a reboot of this server. To find out the root cause of the Server Hang , when i checked the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

RHEL Linux 6.2 to 7.3 - Bootable iso

Hi All On one of my sandbox machine, I want to replace RHEL 6.2 to RHEL 7.3. I am using both developer editions. rhel-server-7.3-x86_64-dvd.iso ... This is what I have downloaded from Red Hat Enterprise Linux Download | Red Hat Developers My understanding is this file would work as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)