Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get RPC(Remote Proceedure Call) values? Post 302264912 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 06:17:21 AM
Old 12-05-2008
You query the portmapper.
Code:
rpcinfo -p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Admintool and rpc call

Hi all, I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. i get the message: Received communication service error 4: Remote procedure call timed out: program = 100087, version = 10 Just to say, i don't use nis/nisplus on my server... What to do? Thanx Jason (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help remote procedure call

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auto2000
1 Replies

3. Programming

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Replies

5. Programming

am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call You are to write a program using RPC facility to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Programming

Is it possible to call remote function in another daemon?

Hi, Is it possible to call a remote function in another daemon? Here is the setup: I have two daemons daemon A with function "s" and daemon B with function "k". I need a way function "s" from daemon A to call a function "k" from daemon B and pass some arguments. When the request is ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
13 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

9. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

10. Programming

Call failed: RPC: Can't decode result

Hello I am trying to run rpc program to query an entry from a file at the server side that is in the form of <mm> <dd> <event>. I get the proper result at the server. I have verified it by printf statements just before return statement of the result at server side. But somehow I am unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvikramreddy92
0 Replies
RUP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RUP(1)

NAME
rup -- remote status display SYNOPSIS
rup [host ...] DESCRIPTION
The rup utility displays a summary of the current system status of a particular host or all hosts on the local network. The output shows the current time of day, how long the system has been up, and the load averages. The load average numbers give the number of jobs in the run queue averaged over 1, 5 and 15 minutes. The rpc.rstatd(8) daemon must be running on the remote host for this command to work. The rup utility uses an RPC protocol defined in <rpcsvc/rstat.x>. EXAMPLES
example% rup otherhost otherhost 7:36am up 6 days, 16:45, load average: 0.20, 0.23, 0.18 example% DIAGNOSTICS
rup: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rstatd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rup: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rstatd(8) daemon has terminated on the remote host. rup: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see rpcbind(8)), and cannot accommodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
rpc.rstatd(8), rpcbind(8) HISTORY
The rup command appeared in Sun-OS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. BSD
June 7, 1993 BSD