Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Distributed Automation kill() Post 302264676 by jjinno on Thursday 4th of December 2008 02:00:51 PM
Old 12-04-2008
Distributed Automation kill()

Ok, so Ive been stumped by this problem for the last 3 days, and my exploration is reaching its limitations...

The key idea is that at any moment in time, the automation controller could theoretically have any number of threads open to any number of node machines running any number of applications in any number of parallel/serial combinations. Upon client error, it is EASY to stop any further commands from being sent, but this still theoretically leaves all the current commands untouched. Short from sending a reboot command to every node, is there some way I can force-stop the execution of anything that was effectively started by the controller (children, grand-children, etc)?

Any ideas?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Distributed

I've downloaded distributed latest build for dnetc, and I think i installed it. Not sure where the excicuteable would be. Any help? i realize this is a little ambigious, so I can allways reintstall it if i know how to put it in a specific directory.. does anyone know if VNC works for the Intel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Programming

kill(0,-9) don't kill the process

Hi all i have simple c program , when i wish to kill the app im using kill(0,-9) , but it seams this command don't do any thing and the program. just ignore it . what im doing wrong here ? im using HP-UX ia64 Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

6. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of "Kill script by name"

The following "NAME" is the keyword to use to kill all processes containing it. While the command is very useful, it is user-unfriendly to type it in terminal. I've tried alias and make it a shell script but as NAME is inside awk so the problem becomes complicated. Could anybody advise? ps -ef |... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: watashi
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies
XML::Stream::Node(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      XML::Stream::Node(3)

NAME
XML::Stream::Node - Functions to make building and parsing the tree easier to work with. SYNOPSIS
Just a collection of functions that do not need to be in memory if you choose one of the other methods of data storage. This creates a hierarchy of Perl objects and provides various methods to manipulate the structure of the tree. It is much like the C library libxml. FORMAT
The result of parsing: <foo><head id="a">Hello <em>there</em></head><bar>Howdy<ref/></bar>do</foo> would be: [ tag: foo att: {} children: [ tag: head att: {id=>"a"} children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "Hello " ] [ tag: em children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "there" ] ] ] [ tag: bar children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "Howdy " ] [ tag: ref ] ] [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "do" ] ] METHODS
new() - creates a new node. If you specify tag, then the root new(tag) tag is set. If you specify data, then cdata is added new(tag,cdata) to the node as well. Returns the created node. get_tag() - returns the root tag of the node. set_tag(tag) - set the root tag of the node to tag. add_child(node) - adds the specified node as a child to the current add_child(tag) node, or creates a new node with the specified tag add_child(tag,cdata) as the root node. Returns the node added. remove_child(node) - removes the child node from the current node. remove_cdata() - removes all of the cdata children from the current node. add_cdata(string) - adds the string as cdata onto the current nodes child list. get_cdata() - returns all of the cdata children concatenated together into one string. get_attrib(attrib) - returns the value of the attrib if it is valid, or returns undef is attrib is not a real attribute. put_attrib(hash) - for each key/value pair specified, create an attribute in the node. remove_attrib(attrib) - remove the specified attribute from the node. add_raw_xml(string,[string,...]) - directly add a string into the XML packet as the last child, with no translation. get_raw_xml() - return all of the XML in a single string, undef if there is no raw XML to include. remove_raw_xml() - remove all raw XML strings. children() - return all of the children of the node in a list. attrib() - returns a hash containing all of the attributes on this node. copy() - return a recursive copy of the node. XPath(path) - run XML::Stream::XPath on this node. XPathCheck(path) - run XML::Stream::XPath on this node and return 1 or 0 to see if it matches or not. GetXML() - return the node in XML string form. AUTHOR
By Ryan Eatmon in June 2002 for http://jabber.org/ Currently maintained by Darian Anthony Patrick. COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-01-08 XML::Stream::Node(3)