Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting permissions and restricting access Post 302264534 by brandedfundoo on Thursday 4th of December 2008 05:15:02 AM
Old 12-04-2008
why dont you set /home/Z/op directory as the home directory for the user Z

keep the owner of /home/Z directory as root or bin .. or some other user not giving permissions to Z to access that dir.. also keep Z owner of OP1 and OP@ directory ..

that should solve your concerns ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

restricting access...

restricted access... Hi I need to restrict users shell access to only $HOME under /home for each user. I don't want them getting out of their own directories. From what I understand chroot is something I could use, but I want to avoid this since it involves creating symbolic links to a number... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting access

I need to create a user that only has access to 1 directory (e.g. /vol/mita/test). The user needs to be able to rsh into that directory to run a script. The user should not be able to navigate to any other directories above /vol/mita/test. Any help would be appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngagne
4 Replies

3. Solaris

restricting access

Hi All, I'm on Solaris 8, I need to provide Read-only access to a user to 2 directories only. Using rsh (restricted shell) as the user's login shell, I can restrict the user's access to a certain directory only, but how can I set in such a way that the user can access only the 2 directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

restricting root access

I'm the admin in a shop in which my developers have and use the root account, all UNIX newbies. I've been unable to convince management myself that this is an unacceptable practice. I've looked in a couple books I have and can't find any chapters, discussions, etc that make the argument that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
2 Replies

5. Solaris

restricting access to a server

We want to secure access to a server by restricting the number of users who can login to it. Our users are NIS users. Only few of them can telnet/ssh this server. Do you have any idea on how to implement that? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restricting access to code

Hi All, I am facing a problem, regarding code security on a server. We have configured a server which contains our code (ear present in jboss/server/xyz/deploy) in it, and need to bind the code to the server itself so that no one can take the code out of the. the problem is that the password of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Restricting FTP access for a particular directory

Dear All, I have created a user called "x" who is allowed only to FTP and it is working fine. Here my problem is, I want to give access to a particular directory say for eg:- /dump/test directory. I don't find any option in the useradd command to restrict access to this particular directory only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Restricting CPU Core Access

Hi all. I've had a quick look around but cant see anything exactly matching my requirements. I have a new T2000 running S10. Im looking to restrict the no. cores that a S10 non-global zone can use to 1 only. The box is single CPU but 8core. I want to do this to save on some software... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boneyard
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting SFTP access

Hello, I am using MySecureShell to chroot all sftp accesses. The problem that I have is that my boss does not want root to be able to use sftp. Root should still be able to ssh. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Restricting commands & access

Dear all, I am administering a DC environment of over 100+ Solaris servers used by various teams including Databases. Every user created on the node belonging to databases is assigned group staff(10) . I want that all users belonging to staff should NOT be able to execute certain system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
6 Replies
UNBURDEN-HOME-DIR(1)						   User Commands					      UNBURDEN-HOME-DIR(1)

NAME
unburden-home-dir - unburdens home directories from caches and trashes SYNOPSIS
unburden-home-dir [ -n | -u | -f filter ] unburden-home-dir ( -h | --help | --version ) DESCRIPTION
unburden-home-dir unburdens the home directory from files and directory which cause high I/O or disk usage but are neither important if they are lost, e.g. caches or trash directory. When being run it moves the files and directories given in the configuration file to a location outside the home directory, e.g. /tmp or /scratch, and puts appropriate symbolic links in the home directory instead. OPTIONS
-f just unburden those directory matched by the given filter (a perl regular expression) -- matches the already unburdened directories if used together with -u. -F Do not check for files in use with lsof before (re)moving files. -n dry run (show what would be done) -u undo (reverse the functionality and put stuff back into the home directory) -h, --help show this help --version show the program's version EXAMPLES
Example configuration files can be found at /usr/share/doc/unburden-home-dir/examples on Debian-based systems and in the etc/ directory of the source tar ball. FILES
/etc/unburden-home-dir, /etc/unburden-home-dir.list, ~/.unburden-home-dir, ~/.unburden-home-dir.list, /etc/default/unburden-home-dir, /etc/X11/Xsession.d/95unburden-home-dir Read /usr/share/doc/unburden-home-dir/README on debianoid installations or README in the source tar ball for an explanation of these files. SEE ALSO
corekeeper (http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=corekeeper), autotrash(1), agedu(1), bleachbit(1). For du(1)-like but more comfortable tools, see ncdu(1) (text-mode), baobab(1) (GNOME), filelight(1) (KDE), xdiskusage(1) (X tool calling du(1) itself), or xdu(1) (X tool reading du(1) output from STDIN). AUTHOR
Unburden Home Dir is written and maintained by Axel Beckert <beckert@phys.ethz.ch> LICENSE
Unburden Home Dir is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or any later version at your option. Unburden Home Directory May 2012 UNBURDEN-HOME-DIR(1)