Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to telnet web server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to telnet web server Post 302263969 by bsddaemon on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 09:05:22 PM
Old 12-02-2008
Script to telnet web server

A similar script I wrote long time ago, it was working, but it was deleted and now for some reasons my new script doesnt work. I have been searching for a while in google but no luck so far. Can anyone help me to spot syntax errors with this little script here:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

{
    sleep 2 
    echo -e "HEAD / HTTP/1.0\r\r"
} | telnet server 80

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(w)get web server's directories + bash script

Hi everyone. I need to write a script which will download files/folders (a huge collection) to the local file server (centOS 4.4 Server), and check regularly (every 6 hours or so if any new files are present, or if the old ones were modified to update contents). Any insights on how to tackle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminiscent
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor JBoss web server

Hello All, I need a shell script to monitor JBOSS web server.If the JBOSS web server is down, then the script should send a mail. Please help on this. Regards, Sachin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsachin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for HP Embedded Web Server

Hi, In our company we have serveral HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g printers. I would like to create one addressbook (in CSV format) and import it to all our printers If i go to the settings of my network printer by ip address: /#hId-EmailContacts in my browser I don't see an option ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclectica1
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 SIEVESHELL(1)