Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copy/rename file as date() unix/shell Post 302263963 by Ikon on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 08:30:21 PM
Old 12-02-2008
there are MANY of these answered in the forums, use the search.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to rename files with current date and copy it.

I have few webservers logs like access.log. which would be growing everyday. what i do everyday is, take the backup of access.log as access.log_(currentdate) and nullify the access.log. So thought of writing a script... but stuck up in middle. My requirement: to take the backup and nullify... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy 1 file 5000 times and Rename each +1

Hi, Found lots of stuff that is close but no cigar... I have a file ie. a.txt, and I want to copy it to another directory 5000 times and call it: a1.txt a2.txt ... a5000.txt Struggling to put a loop together in this new world of AIX. please include full script for me to understand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terry2009
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy and rename file..

hi all, I have one config folder and updates folder.updates folder contains file tmp_2.0_20201208_45.xml and config folder contains file tmp.xml.When the tmp_2.0_20201208_45.xml file is copied in the config folder the name of this file is changed in config folder again as tmp.xml(old... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to copy/rename files, then delete by date

Hi All, I am new to scripting and am looking for some assistance setting up a script. Basically I need the script to scan a folder for the newest files and make a copy of those files, adding a month to the date stamp. I also need this script to delete the previously copied files to save space.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucid13
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in UNIX shell to copy part of file name to new file name

Hi, I want to do the following in a Unix shell script and wonder if someone could assist me? I want to take files in a specific directory that start with the name pxpur012 and copy them to the same directory with the file name not containg pxpur012. For example, I have files like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy file 3 times and rename based on another file

In the below bash I am trying to copy the only text file (always only one) in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/list/QC/metrics.txt and rename each of the 3 text files according to /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/list.txt using lines 3, 4 ,5. This format (that is list.txt) is always 5 lines. Thank you :). ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oop to copy and rename files through SQL Statement in shell Script

#!/bin/sh sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF SET HEADING OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name , OUTFILE_NAME FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl pt, apps.fnd_concurrent_requests f where pt.concurrent_program_id = f.concurrent_program_id and pt.application_id =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
1 Replies
LIQUIDSOAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LIQUIDSOAP(1)

NAME
liquidsoap - a multimedia streaming language SYNOPSIS
liquidsoap [options] [script|expression] DESCRIPTION
Liquidsoap is a programming language for describing multimedia streaming systems. It is very flexible, making simple things simple but giving a lot of control for advanced uses. Liquidsoap supports audio, video and MIDI streams, and a wide range of input/output operators including Icecast and various soundcard APIs. It can perform a broad range of signal processing, combine streams in various ways, support custom transitions, generate sound procedurally... and all this can be assembled as you wish. Input files can be accessed remotely, or even be synthesized on the fly using external scripts such as speech synthesis. Finally, interaction with a running liquidsoap instance is possible via telnet or socket. Liquidsoap scripts passed on the command line will be evaluated: they shall be used to define the streaming system to be ran. It is possi- ble to pass multiple scripts; they will all be ran successively, and definitions from one script can be used in subsequent ones. A script will be read from standard input if - is given as script filename. Information about scripting liquidsoap is available on our website: http://savonet.sf.net/ If the parameter is not a file it will be treated as an expression which will be executed. It is a convenient way to test simple one-line scripts. When running only one-liners, the default is to log messages directly on stdout rather than to a file. OPTIONS
- Read script from standard input. -- Stop parsing the command-line and pass subsequent items to the script. --debug Print debugging log messages. --dynamic-plugins-dir path Directory where to look for plugins. --errors-as-warnings Issue warnings instead of fatal errors for unused variables and ignored expressions. If you are not sure about it, it is better to not use it. --interactive Start an interactive interpreter. --list-plugins List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols). --list-plugins-xml List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols), output as XML. --no-pervasives Do not load pervasive script libraries. --version Display liquidsoap's version. -c, --check Check and evaluate scripts but do not perform any streaming. -cl, --check-lib Like --check but treats all scripts and expressions as libraries, so that unused toplevel variables are not reported. -d, --daemon Run in daemon mode. -f, --force-start For advanced dynamic uses: force liquidsoap to start even when no active source is initially defined. -h plugin Print the description of a plugin, eg. a builtin scripting function. -i Display infered types. -p, --parse-only Parse scripts but do not type-check and run them. -q, --quiet Do not print log messages on standard output. -r filename Process a request. -T, --disable-telnet Disable the telnet server. -U, --disable-unix-socket Disable the unix socket. -t, --enable-telnet Enable the telnet server. -u, --enable-unix-socket Enable the unix socket. -v, --verbose Print log messages on standard output. --conf-descr-key key Describe a configuration key. --conf-descr Show all configuration keys with their documentation. --conf-descr-liqi Show all configuration keys with their documentation in liqi (documentation wiki) format. --conf-dump Dump the configuration state -help, --help Display this list of options SEE ALSO
Our website http://savonet.sf.net/ and the HTML documentation coming with your distribution of liquidsoap. AUTHOR
Savonet team <savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Liquidsoap 1.0.1 June 25, 2012 LIQUIDSOAP(1)