Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris User specific printing options Post 302263840 by nj78 on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 03:35:21 PM
Old 12-02-2008
Solaris uses SystemV spooling, see lpstat and lpadmin perhaps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing Hash printing options for FTP

Hi!!, I usually have to ftp massive files ~200MB. The default hash printing option marks a hash for every 1024 bytes. Any ideas how to change this setting to some other value?? I know no one like to see logfiles of size ~2mb just filled with hashes.. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

User CP Options

I have added a signature and uploaded an Avatar but I do see them in my posts. What could I be doing wrong? What file extension should the avator file be? I have tried to upload as both .gif and as .avatar (have not seen this extension type before but it was listed on a site or two as a valid... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing lines with specific awk NF

I have this files: ./frm/lf_mt1_cd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./die/addgen_tb_pumd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./min_m1_n.Ic_cell_template.attr When I use: awk -F\/ '{print NF}' Would result to: 3 3 2 I would like to list the files with 3 fields on it. Any Suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a specific line using AWK

Hi, I have a script that fetches only specific information from fcinfo command. Below is a portion of the script. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x HBA_COUNT=`sudo fcinfo hba-port | grep -i state | awk 'END{print NR}'` echo "$HBA_COUNT HBAs exist" echo '........' INDEX=1 while $INDEX -le... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

printing specific line from a file.

The below line gives the perfect output when I mention the record number and file name as hardcoded. awk 'NR==3{print}' samp2.txt But when I pass the record num and file name as variable, it doesn't give any output. row_num=3;file2=samp2.txt;awk 'NR==$row_num {print}' $file2 Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to let the user to choose two options at the same time in terminal?

I am lost in my script and I need someone to help me with it. how can I have two or more options chosen by user at the same time. eg. right now this is the output: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate user selection options in shell script?

Hi There, I am trying to write a script which has to pick the prompted options by itself(i mean option to choose will be passed) here is real scenario i am trying to do. i have an executable(diagnos) which gets called in shell script, when the executable (diagnos) runs i get following as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairam_9191
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing files in a specific format

Hi, I have following files in a directory with '.meta' extension, which have data in follwoing patterns. i need to print data from these files in below metioned format. please provide a script for this solution. file names: TEST_HISTORY_MTH.meta AB_TEST_1.meta cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAHinka
2 Replies
accept(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                accept(1M)

NAME
accept, reject - accept or reject print requests SYNOPSIS
accept destination... reject [-r reason] destination... DESCRIPTION
accept allows the queueing of print requests for the named destinations. reject prevents queueing of print requests for the named destinations. Use lpstat -a to check if destinations are accepting or rejecting print requests. accept and reject must be run on the print server; they have no meaning to a client system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for reject: -r reason Assigns a reason for rejection of print requests for destination. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. reason is reported by lpstat -a. By default, reason is unknown reason for existing destinations, and new printer for destinations added to the system but not yet accepting requests. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. destination The name of the destination accepting or rejecting print requests. Destination specifies the name of a printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)). Specify destination using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled (see NOTES) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
accept and reject affect only queueing on the print server's spooling system. Requests made from a client system remain queued in the client system's queueing mechanism until they are cancelled or accepted by the print server's spooling system. accept is CSI-enabled except for the destination name. SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 1999 accept(1M)