Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding Java Home?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding Java Home? Post 302263782 by bagmc on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 01:26:05 PM
Old 12-02-2008
Try find java_vm file in your system and print the output here.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

finding the java path in AIX

How to retrieve the path of Java bin directory in AIX (or any unix OS)?? Actually my problem is, I have a jar file called App.jar. I want to execute it by calling the javaw executable. My command is "/usr/java130/javaw -jar App.jar". I've written this command into a shell script. Now,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run this .java file from the home directory??

I wrote a simple test.java program in vi. I know it compiles correctly because I went into the directory where test.java was and compiled it and it created a java.class. I then ran test.java by staying in the same directory where it was and it worked great. However, when i backed out of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
3 Replies
jpackage-utils(7)						RPM Java packaging						 jpackage-utils(7)

NAME
jpackage-utils - Utilities, macros and other files for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
build-classpath build the Java classpath in a portable manner build-jar-repository build a jar repository in a portable manner rebuild-jar-repository rebuild a jar repository in a portable manner (after a jvm change...) build-classpath-directory build the Java classpath from a directory diff-jars show jar content differences jvmjar install jvm extensions create-jar-links create custom jar links clean-binary-files remove binary files from sources check-binary-files check for presence of unexpected binary files DESCRIPTION
The JPackage Project has two primary goals: - To provide a coherent set of Java software packages for Linux, satisfying all quality requirements of other applications. - To establish an efficient and robust policy for Java software packaging and installation. We focus on free and open source software whenever possible. For convenience, we also provide non-free packages without the restricted source code. Our RPMs are generic in that they should work on any RPM based Linux distribution (Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, others). Other packaging format suggestions are welcome too. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/jpackage-release string identifying the currently installed JPackage release /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration /etc/rpm/macros.jpackage RPM macros for Java packagers and developers SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-classpath(1) build-classpath-directory(1) build-jar-repository(1) check-binary-files(1) clean-binary-files(1) create-jar-links(1) diff-jars(1) find-jar(1) jvmjar(1) rebuild-jar-repository(1) rebuild-security-providers(1) java.conf(5) Documentation Following files are located in your standard documentation directory HEADER.JPP A standard header with license for spec files of JPackage Project clean-binary-files.txt A further documentation for check-binary-files(1), clean-binary-files(1) and create-jar-links(1) commands httpd-javadoc.conf Example JPackage javadoc configuration snippet for Apache jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml JPackage Java infrastructure design and packaging policy jpackage-utils-policy JPackage packaging (naming) policy AUTHOR
Written by the JPackage Project REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 jpackage-utils(7)