Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automount script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automount script Post 302263612 by Christoph Spohr on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 04:47:38 AM
Old 12-02-2008
Hi,

Code:
sed -n '/^#/{N;s/^#.*\n\(.........\).*/\1/p}' fstab

-n tells sed print only requested lines
/^#/ search for lines starting with # and then execute the following commands
{N; read in next line
s/^#.*\n/ substitute the comment part by nothing
\(.........\) save the first nine characters in \1
.* substitute the rest by noting
/p} print the matched and substituted line.

HTH Chris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. Solaris

CD automount does not work

Hello, I have a SUN Solaris 9 machine (Sun-Fire-V490). I put a DVD in the reader to install a software. The automount procedure did not work (vold is running) : I have nothing under /cdrom When I try "eject" command I have the answer "No default media available" When I try to mount manually the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automount issue

Folks; I'm mounting a directory on a different SUSE 10 server from my SUSE server fine. using this mount command: # mount 192.168.132.11:/var/local/new /var/local/new this command above works fine but when i added a new line to my "/etc/fstab" to be mounted automatically every time i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help on Unconfiguring Automount

Hi All, Please help. I need an advise on how to Unconfigure automount please. Many Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

8. Linux

Automount problem

Hi, Please give step by step how to do automount in linux Thanks, Mani (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Automount in RHEL

Hello experts, On my RHEL box when i mount a nfs file system using autofs, the df -t shows the file system as nfs only. For which mounts does it report the filesystem as autofs. ?? I actually want to see the filesystem getting reported as autofs instead of nfs. Pls guide me I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need help with automount.. is not working!!

When i export the directory where the data really is, i can specify which hosts can mount it. On the remote server i create a mount point directory and then mount it to the source servers directory (that has the data). I need to run my script on Server X , i would login there and type in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkilaru
11 Replies
ED(1)							      General Commands Manual							     ED(1)

NAME
ed - editor SYNOPSIS
ed file OPTIONS
- Suppress line/byte count messages (for in scripts) EXAMPLES
ed prog.c # Edit prog.c echo '1,$p' | ed - file # Odd way to write 'cat file' DESCRIPTION
Ed is functionally equivalent to the standard V7 editor, ed. It supports the following commands: (.) a: append (.,.)c: change (.,.)d: delete e: edit new file" f: print name of edited file" (1,$)g: global command (.) i: insert (.,.+1)j: join lines together (.) k: mark (.) l: print with special characters in octal (.,.)m: move (.,.)p: print q: quit editor" (.) r: read in new file (.,.)s: substitute (1,$)v: like g, except select lines that do not match (1,$)w: write out edited file Many of the commands can take one or two addresses, as indicated above. The defaults are shown in parentheses. Thus a appends to the cur- rent line, and g works on the whole file as default. The dot refers to the current line. Below is a sample editing session with comments given following the # symbol. ed prog.c # Edit prog.c 3,20p # Print lines 3 through 20 /whole/ # Find next occurence of whole s/whole/while/ # Replace whole by while g/Buf/s//BUF/g # Replace Buf by BUF everywhere w # Write the file back q # Exit the editor Ed is provided for its sentimental value. If you want a line-oriented editor, try ex. If you want a good editor, use elle, elvis, or mined. SEE ALSO
elvis(1), elle(9), mined(9). ED(1)