Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with a perl subroutine regex Post 302263504 by nj78 on Monday 1st of December 2008 07:42:51 PM
Old 12-01-2008
In the script print each of the variables line after line to see what happens.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Perl Subroutine Passed In Variable is 1?

The following subroutine prints 1 instead of the content of the Equipment variable. Can someone tell me why? #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe # use strict 'vars'; my $Equipments = "data/equips.txt"; unless (open(EQUIP_FH, "$Equipments")) { print "errors: $Equipments\n"; # This line prints... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tqlam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

5. Programming

perl: Subroutine question

Hi everyone, I have given up finally trying to find a way to do this. I have a subroutine called LoginFirst where I am starting a new SSH session. I have bunch of subroutines, each one of them uses a (or I have to create a new SSH constructor everytime) ssh connection to get some value so ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_code
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass file to subroutine

Hello All, I have 2 perl sub-routines. my $myDir = myDir_path; my $file; sub convert(){ system ("./$myConvertScript >> $myDir/$file_CONV" ); $file2 = $myDir/$file_CONV; } sub addDB(){ open(CONF, $config) or die "Cannot Open $config for reading. "; while(<CONF>){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ad23
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - return an object from subroutine - Net::LDAP

Hi all, I'm not even sure a person can do this in perl, seems like you should be able to though. Here's the error IO::Socket::INET: connect: Operation now in progress at server_search.pl line 256, <DATA> line 466. Here's the perl code... sub ldap_new{ $nl = Net::LDAP->new( "$_" ) or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

10. Programming

Perl subroutine returning different values in HPUX

HI , I am running a program on hpux in perl. I am encountering a strange issue where when i print a variable in the sub which is returning it , it prints a different value but when i call it and store value in a variable it gives a different o/p. the sub is sub CheckConfigFilePattern ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies
MAKESH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)