Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subroutine Hung
Top Forums Programming Subroutine Hung Post 302263144 by bintaleb on Monday 1st of December 2008 12:39:08 AM
Old 12-01-2008
Subroutine Hung

Hi friends

I am Administrator for a system works with uinx OS but, many times I get messages from server console inform me about Subroutine is Hanging
so what can I do to reset this Subroutine?

Note: always when I got that I restart the server but I think that is not professional solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in subroutine calling

Hi, we can call the subroutines using two ways .... 1) calling subroutine name preceeded by & symbol. 2)Another one is without &symbol.... what is the diff b/w these two.... ############################ #usr/bin/perl fun; sub fun { print "hi this is from perl\n"; }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

3. AIX

Using the passwdpolicy() subroutine.

Okay, so in AIX, there are various subroutines that is built in to the OS. The subroutine is I want to use is passwdpolicy(). So I want to construct a C program that will be able to pass credentials into the program and thusly into the subroutine. I'm not asking for homework, or for someone to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a perl subroutine regex

Hi, I can't get this script ot work and I wa wondering if anyone could help? I need to open a file and use a subroutine to search each line for a regular expression. If it matches then I need to return a match from the subroutine and print the result? Any help would be greatly... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a subroutine with arguments

Hello, I am having problem calling a subroutine with arguments, can any help? is the approach I am using correct? main() { # This is just a subset of the code #$b & $lnum is already define in this section of the code checkboard $b $lnum } checkboards() { ln=$lnum... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts not updating from subroutine.

So, I'm running a script with a couple of subroutines, one of which takes arguments using getopts. The first time i call the subroutine everything works as expected, the second time I call it none of the arguments change. Here's a small section of code that shows this behavior. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhibbit
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Subroutine

Okay I have a 1TB drive that is almost completely full with vids. I am in the process of converting them to mp4. I have two scripts right now. One is a shell script to convert them with Handbrake. The other is a script to get a sort of progress report. To make things easier to understand, I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalton63841
0 Replies

9. Programming

perl: Subroutine question

Hi everyone, I have given up finally trying to find a way to do this. I have a subroutine called LoginFirst where I am starting a new SSH session. I have bunch of subroutines, each one of them uses a (or I have to create a new SSH constructor everytime) ssh connection to get some value so ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_code
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subroutine or Function Summary

I have a fortran file with code declarations such as Subroutine str_tnum_tu & ( & s, dl, tu, pos & ) ! Class (*), Intent (InOut) :: tu(:) Character (Len=*), Intent (In) :: s, dl Character (Len=*), Intent (In), Optional :: pos ... or ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies
smcwebserver(1M)                                          System Administration Commands                                          smcwebserver(1M)

NAME
smcwebserver - manage the server for the Sun Web Console SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/smcwebserver subcommand options DESCRIPTION
The smcwebserver utility manages the Sun Web Console server. Sun Web Console is a browser-based interface that performs systems management. System administrators can manage systems, devices and services from the console. When the console webserver is running, you can view the console by opening a browser and pointing to: https://host:6789 host is the machine where the console has been installed and the console server is running. SUBCOMMANDS
The following subcommands are supported: disable Disable automatic start or stop during system boot or shutdown. Until the administrator reruns the script with the smcweb- server enable subcommand the webserver can be started/stopped only when the administrator executes the script manually using the following command: # /usr/sbin/smcwebserver [start | stop] enable Enable the webserver to startup automatically during subsequent system boot and gracefully stop during system shutdown. restart Stop and subsequently start the console webserver. The format of the restart subcommand is: restart [-U username] start Start the console webserver. The format of the start subcommand is: start [-U username] stop Stop the console webserver. status Display status of the console webserver. The format of the status subcommand is: status [-p] OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -U username | --username usernamThe user identity to run the server as. Once the server has successfuly started under the specified iden- tity, all subsequent starts will automatically be done under that identity until you change it via this option, or by changing the com.sun.web.console.user configuration property via the smreg(1M) command. The default is to run the server under the "noaccess" identity. -p | --parseable Display non-localized output suitable for programmatic parsing. If the server is running, the output will be: running=yes If the server is not running, the output will be: running=no -h | --help | -? Display the usage statement. -V | --version Display console version information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying the Usage Statement The following command displays the smcwebserver usage statement: % smcwebserver --help Example 2: Determining if the Server is Running The following shell command will start the server if it is not already running. ans=`smcwebserver -p | grep running | cut -d"=" -f2` if [ "$ans" = "no" ]; then smcwebserver start fi ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smcwebserver: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, depending on the OS, the follow- ing default locations are used: Solaris: /usr/j2se Linux: /usr/java/j2sdk1.4* EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmcon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smreg(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) SunOS 5.10 27 May 2004 smcwebserver(1M)